repower gravely 5600

/ repower gravely 5600 #1  

podieroe

Tractor
gravely 5260
Could someone please post information about repowering a 52-5600 gravely 2 wheeler. i haven't found any useful info and the one url that was suggested will not load. thanks. john weaver

/ repower gravely 5600 #3  
Depending on the replacement engine, the added costs can be rather substantial. The last time I looked into repowering a 5665, I could have bought a nice Pro16. So I rebuilt the engine for cost of about $300. That included boring the block, grinding the crank, grinding the valve seats, and all new parts.

Even if I had a free engine to repower the 5665 with, it was still cheaper to rebuild the old engine.

/ repower gravely 5600 #4  
Depending on the replacement engine, the added costs can be rather substantial. The last time I looked into repowering a 5665, I could have bought a nice Pro16. So I rebuilt the engine for cost of about $300. That included boring the block, grinding the crank, grinding the valve seats, and all new parts.

Even if I had a free engine to repower the 5665 with, it was still cheaper to rebuild the old engine.

How do you figure that????

Richard You don't Know what you are talking about.
The kit is 245.for this tractor.
The Engine can come from a lot of places.

/ repower gravely 5600 #5  
No, you don't know what you are talking about.

The repower kits is $245 plus another $100+ for a Vanguard muffler and exhaust pipe for a total of $345+ Then if gears have to be purchased, that bumps things up to close to $500

A major overhaul on the Koher K301 was about $300. That includes machine shop costs, new con rod, piston, valves, main bearings, gaskets, seals and carb rebuild kit.

/ repower gravely 5600 #6  
Obviously repowering isnt for everyone,,, the original engines used on Gravely's were of good quality just like the rest of the machine and still have all the parts available for them so if just a rebuild of the engine is needed it might be the way to go,,, however if the machine is showing its age and is in need of more than just a rebuild, a repower maybe a viable option,, just depends on the machines condition,,,,, Id rather see a repower than a two wheeler go to the scrap heap. Whats the hundy buc Vanguard muffler and pipe for anyways? I honestly see both options costing near the same and one leaves you with a new engine+ accessories, the other gives you a renewed engine and accessories that are old as the rest of the machine. Either way you go you get a darn good piece of equipment.

/ repower gravely 5600 #7  
How do you figure that????

Richard You don't Know what you are talking about.
The kit is 245.for this tractor.
The Engine can come from a lot of places.

You said if you had a free engine?
That includes the muffler
The 245 includes the gear bored out to 1 inch and 1/4 in key broached
I don't know where you come up with that muffler??

1 Ea.GR008 adapter plate spacer $120.00
1 Ea. GR002 Gear spacer. $6.00

1 Ea.GR 004 Pilot Bushing With a 7/16 dia $20.00
1 Ea Gear ( your old ) bored and broached $50.00

1 ea. Seal Cr 11545 $8.00
1 ea.15718 Engine to adapter spacer gasket $7.00
1 ea.10732 adapter to Kohler adapter gasket. $5.00
1 ea.10635 Kohler adapter to Trans Gasket. $8.00

1 ea 3/8 X 24 X 1 Allen Cap screw $1.00
4 ea 3/8 X 16 X 2 1/4 bolts $1.25 ea $5.00

Shipping in the USA $15.00
Sub Total $245.00