Saw a Pro Model Arains max zoom 60 today

/ Saw a Pro Model Arains max zoom 60 today #1  

The kid

Elite Member
Tractor
1965 135 gasser, 1967 135 diesel
Anyone got one of these.it's got a Kholer 25 on it. It looks well built. $4995 at Home Depot.anyone own one? -kid

/ Saw a Pro Model Arains max zoom 60 today #2  
I just bought a Ariens Max Zoom 48". I pick it up tomorrow and I'll try it out. It was $4650.

/ Saw a Pro Model Arains max zoom 60 today
I just bought a Ariens Max Zoom 48". I pick it up tomorrow and I'll try it out. It was $4650.

All the reviews I've read are very positive. Reminds me of the Cub Cadet Tank. I thought the way the deck raised and lowered was innovative. -kid

/ Saw a Pro Model Arains max zoom 60 today #4  
Ariens bought Gravely in 1982. I've said this in other threads, but from what I researched the Ariens Max Zoom and the Gravely ZT HD are the same mower just different color paint. I can't say that with 100% certainty, but that's what you'll find if you research online a bit.

/ Saw a Pro Model Arains max zoom 60 today #5  
I have ariens max zoom 48. I bought it used last year and so far I have been very pleased with it. Does a great job mowing and the 3 bin bagger with the blower assembly bags quite well with minimal clogging. Dual gas tanks and LED headlights are a couple of the added features on it. Hour meter shows it has 300 hours on it now and so far I have had zero problems with it.

One of the things that led me to choose ariens over others is that the mower deck is more heavily built and not the typical stamped deck like most residential mowers have. The only other company that I seen that had a heavy duty deck in residential models was bad boy mowers.

What others said about ariens and gravely being under joint ownership and one of the same is correct. The one of the few companies that can state that all their manufacturing plants are in the USA.

I own an ariens rear tine tiller with dual directional drive that I bought from HD a few years ago that came delivered to my door. I have had great experiences with ariens products and purchasing through HD.

/ Saw a Pro Model Arains max zoom 60 today #7  
I was looking at the Gravely HD last night. It does indeed look like the same machine, except that Gravely uses the Kawi motor. It was also $500 more expensive though. Nice looking units.

/ Saw a Pro Model Arains max zoom 60 today #8  
I have the Gravely XL model with a Kohler 23 HP engine. It's got 460 hours and has been quite reliable. I assume any service you would need if purchased from a Box Store would be done at a Gravely dealer? Have you looked at a dealer for the same/similar model vs. a Box Store?

MoKelly

/ Saw a Pro Model Arains max zoom 60 today #9  
I was looking at the Gravely HD last night. It does indeed look like the same machine, except that Gravely uses the Kawi motor. It was also $500 more expensive though. Nice looking units.

Depends on which model. The 60" actual has two different model numbers, one with the Kawasaki FR730V and one with the Kohler Courage Pro. Looks like the 44", 48", 52" decks all come with the Kawasaki engine.
Model#: 991091 Kohler Courage Pro
Model#: 991084 Kawasaki FR730V

/ Saw a Pro Model Arains max zoom 60 today #10  
Depends on which model. The 60" actual has two different model numbers, one with the Kawasaki FR730V and one with the Kohler Courage Pro. Looks like the 44", 48", 52" decks all come with the Kawasaki engine.
Model#: 991091 Kohler Courage Pro
Model#: 991084 Kawasaki FR730V

I suppose it just depends on the model you purchase. My 48" Ariens has a Kohler Courage 23. I have on mowing with it and it seems to do a great job. Real quick!