New member gravely L8 walk behind

/ New member gravely L8 walk behind #1  

cleaveunto

Tractor
L8
Hi
Happy to join group and get this machine operating to help clear a 10 acre parcel and put a cabin on.
:dance1:
Brian

/ New member gravely L8 walk behind #2  
Welcome to TBN Brian,

There are a few Gravely owners on here, myself included with a super 8 convertible.

You must be quite energetic to want to clear 10 acres with a Gravely - also might want to get a sulky for it.

Unless its just 3-4' overgrown brush you might consider renting a tractor, or if with trees and rocks, something bigger.

Attachments

• Rite inside 2.JPG
    Rite inside 2.JPG
    416.1 KB · Views: 1,118
   / New member gravely L8 walk behind
Thankyou for the welcome.
Now down to business.I have a rotary cultivator attachment but no tines.I would like to have the rotary plow set up,is it possible to add the shaft and blades to the rotary cultivator ?Much thanks in advance.

/ New member gravely L8 walk behind
Thanks Carl I will check it out.Looks like I will be on the look out for some tines for the rotary cultivator.Also a Rotory plow.
Much appreciated

/ New member gravely L8 walk behind #6  
Welcome to tractorbynet:cool2:

/ New member gravely L8 walk behind #7  
I started out with a L8 (4 wheels on one axle...2 on either side) to keep trails open on my 30 acre hunting place....after two years I got a used tractor. Love the simplicity and strength of the old L8's but they do physically beat you! Good luck!

/ New member gravely L8 walk behind #8  
Welcome to TractorByNet!

I moved your thread to the Gravely forum. :)

/ New member gravely L8 walk behind #9  
Yes, we have two L8s both with dual wheels, one w/electric start. A 30" rotary with one of those older sulkies that you steer with your feet and a 50 gal Hardie sprayer from a 1950's Gravely that was traded in. We used them for lawn mowing (still have the reel gang mower) and spraying apple trees.

/ New member gravely L8 walk behind #10  
I recently inherited a Gravely Super Convertable with electric start. Also have the rotary mower and blade attachments. Can anyone give me an idea what this package might be worth? I live in the city and have no use for the tractor.