blown fuse

/ blown fuse #1  

Boobelah

Tractor
Gravely Promaster 350
New member here. I just put a new battery and plugs in my Promaster 350 with the Kawasaki 22 hp gas. It was running before (tho poorly) but now the 25 amp fuse blows every time I turn the key. Any ideas?

/ blown fuse #2  
Battery cables are on the correct terminals ?

Can you turn the engine over by hand ? ie. make sure it not mechanically seized.

Rgds, D.

/ blown fuse #3  
You have a direct short in the ignition system.

/ blown fuse
Hey guys, thanks for the advice. Yes I did check the terminals first of all as I have done more stupid things in the past. I did check n response to another member's advice that the fuse holder may be bad and not be holding the fuse tightly, thereby causing it to heat up. Bingo! A new fuse holder and its a go! Now to pray the Seafoam does its magic. bob

/ blown fuse #5  
Hey guys, thanks for the advice. Yes I did check the terminals first of all as I have done more stupid things in the past. I did check n response to another member's advice that the fuse holder may be bad and not be holding the fuse tightly, thereby causing it to heat up. Bingo! A new fuse holder and its a go! Now to pray the Seafoam does its magic. bob

I love Seafoam that stuff is liquid Majic

/ blown fuse #6  
Well played Bob.

If it is a glass inline fuse, make sure you are using a DC rated fuse (typ. 32v), not 120VAC or higher.

Rgds, D.