repower my 8163

/ repower my 8163 #1  

teachingscience

Tractor
massey, john deere, ford, allis
I have an 8163 ( I think, too dark to double check right now) It has the single cylinder kohler now. I just bought an Onan P220 and need to know if there is an adapter plate that will bolt it to my gravely. the bearing holder extends out so far that I'm not seeing how it can work but really want to repower with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Charlie

/ repower my 8163 #2  
well since 107 people have read this and no one has replied...I'll give it a stab. but only for info on who to call.
TulsaEngineWarehouse.com - Replacement Engines, Parts, Tools & Accessories For Briggs & Stratton, Honda, Kawasaki, Kohler & Tecumseh

Repower Old Equipment

Small Engine - Replacement Engines - Engine Kit - Repower

btw, welcome Charlie. There are some folk here with huge Onan experience, but you may be talking a truly custom adapter plate, and while I'm sure someone has done it, have they reproduced the adapter plate? And clearance is always an issue as are shaft specs.

You are trying to put a twin in where a single was before? what are you repowering? That sounds very challenging from a space standpoint.

/ repower my 8163
thanks so much. I'll check with them. Its starting to look like the shaft may be an inch too short but will check some more. If I need a custom plate that would be ok. I bought a mill and lathe over the last couple of years and have been waiting for a project to test my skills. This could be the one.

thanks again

/ repower my 8163 #4  
Bruce Guthrie in to makes a adaptor plate. Also check with berlin gravely or Richards in wv they all do a lot of reporter work.