Ariens GT-18 Transmission issue

/ Ariens GT-18 Transmission issue #1  

Arch78

Tractor
Ariens GT-18
Hi all!

I recently purchased a Ariens GT-18 w/ Kohler Magnum (Model# 931033) and I am having a problem with what I assume is the transmission. The tractor goes fine on level ground but when it hits an incline the speed drops by about half, maybe a bit more. Once at the top of the hill it resumes full speed. The engine rpm does not change. I made sure that the trans fluid (5W-30) is full but other than that I am out of ideas.

Original owner said that it had no problems with hills last year and that he recently adjusted the hydro linkage in order to get rid of it creeping in neutral.

Deck adjustment works fine, power steering works fine, and the mower deck (60") works fine. Also it seems to slow down the same amount going up a hill if the mower deck is on or off.
Any suggestions you guys might have would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Dan

/ Ariens GT-18 Transmission issue #2  
Make sure you have the correct filter, and that its new and clean. I use 10w30. Go into the service manual and readjust the speed linkage, I think thats where your problem is. many people successfully remove the creep, but don't adjust the speed adjustment. i have two identical GT14s and it it took me some time to figure out how to properly adjust the speed selector on one. They both looked like they were the same, but they weren't. Good luck, I hope its the filter