Rider Snow blower and snow blade almost giveaway.

/ Rider Snow blower and snow blade almost giveaway. #11  
Fluid - after looking at that unit and the PTO connection, even if I could connect the PTO (unlikely without creating an adapter), I doubt the old Model L would have enough power to use it and I don't know how I'd support it anyway. I appreciate the offer though! Now I'm looking for an old MA210 snow blower attachment that was made for the Model L I have.
Picture of the MA210 on a newer walk behind Gravely than my Model L: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/krislu/100_1474.jpg
Thanks again! Of course, if you find out that it'd work or think it'd not be too much to make it work, I'm all ears. I know how to fabricate and have tools and a welder and love a new project :)

/ Rider Snow blower and snow blade almost giveaway. #12  
alteredz;;; I look for anyone that had put a tractor snowblower on a walk behind and didn't find anything. I found info on mounting walk behind snowblowers on riders, then it dawned on me that rider snowblowers are heavier then walk behind snowblowers. My 38" blower is 250 lbs, you could put counter weights on to help with the weight but can the drive piece take the stress. Do you ever use gravelymanuals. com to get info? If you look up the 26" MA 210 and 34" MA 211 blowers there is a piece called the (drive pn# 10184) that you would have to buy or make one and you would have to change some parts but if you are good with that stuff I can't see why one couldn't do it. Like you said the only thing if you wanted to mount the bigger blower is the HP. How much HP do you have with your L. I don't know anything about them to say that it will have enough power to do the job. Let me know what you think if you look at the site I gave you and post back your thoughts.

/ Rider Snow blower and snow blade almost giveaway. #13  
yes the giveaway is complete; glad this is going to a TBN'er.

I want to thank daugen for offering me the snow removal equipment (48" snowblower & 48" dozer blade). Gave me a super deal on both things and he's a super nice guy. We got together friday and he was waiting for us to show us the blower, as soon as I looked at it I had to have it, It looked brand new, I couldn't believe how nice it was with all the pieces that goes with it. Then we drove to get the blade and again looked brand new no rust and then to top it off he even gave us muffins. daugen show us some cool Gravely things he has that he will not part with. Thanks again daugen for the super nice Gravely attachments and the good company and muffins. Very nice man...

/ Rider Snow blower and snow blade almost giveaway. #14  
alteredz;;; I look for anyone that had put a tractor snowblower on a walk behind and didn't find anything. I found info on mounting walk behind snowblowers on riders, then it dawned on me that rider snowblowers are heavier then walk behind snowblowers. My 38" blower is 250 lbs, you could put counter weights on to help with the weight but can the drive piece take the stress. Do you ever use gravelymanuals. com to get info? If you look up the 26" MA 210 and 34" MA 211 blowers there is a piece called the (drive pn# 10184) that you would have to buy or make one and you would have to change some parts but if you are good with that stuff I can't see why one couldn't do it. Like you said the only thing if you wanted to mount the bigger blower is the HP. How much HP do you have with your L. I don't know anything about them to say that it will have enough power to do the job. Let me know what you think if you look at the site I gave you and post back your thoughts.

Thanks, Fluid. I found the IPL for those blowers on gravely manuals and that part (77 in the diagram, PN 10184 "Drive". Looks like an adapter and mounting that mounts to the front of the walkbehind 2 wheel tractor. That part would also need the slip clutch, etc. that goes behind it to interface with the walkbehind. Looks like quite a project to make.

The Model L I have is 6.6hp. So I'm wondering if it has the power to turn that blower you have and push. It seems like the 34" MA-211 may have been mated to the later Model L tractors that had the 6.6hp engine, so the engine might be o.k. with the 38" snowblower if I could adapt it. What is the HP of the tractors that the 38" snowblower is designed to be attached to?

Today I went to pickup a 48" Snow Blade for the Model L from a nice fellow in south central PA. He had a bunch of Gravely stuff. I told him what I was really looking for was an MA-210 or MA-2111 snow blower. He said he thought he had one and we looked through his piles of Gravely stuff and found one in rough-ish shape and without the control rod for the chute. I got it for what I thought was a decent price. I noticed that the chute control doesn't work smoothly, so I'll have to investigate and get that working. I didn't get the snow blade but may get one some day.

BTW, my guess is that the MA-210 weighs 125 to 150 lb. Just a guess from muscling it (with help) into and out of my wife's 2003 Accord sedan's trunk :). Yeah, I need a pickup truck. Some day I suppose!

So, as it turns out, now I have a MA-210 that I could borrow parts from... So I MIGHT be able to hang the 38" snowblower on the Model L. with some fabrication. If the horsepower of the Model L's 6.6 hp engine is enough to operate the tractor and the 38" snow blower, another compatibility question comes to mind: Is the height of the PTO centerline of the 38" snow blower compatible with the PTO centerline height of the Model L? I don't know what the Model L's PTO centerline is off hand, but I can measure that tomorrow.

After that question is answered in the affirmative, two other questions remain for me, assuming that the 38" snowblower can be made mechanically compatible with the Model L (PTO connection interface, mounting of the unit to the Model L):
1) Is the Model L's 6.6hp engine enough for the 38" snow blower?
2) Is it feasible to obtain the 38" Snowblower (travel distance, price)?

Thanks for your help and listening to all this. BTW, if you guys think I should move this to a new thread, say the word.

Cheers,
Pete

/ Rider Snow blower and snow blade almost giveaway.
BTW, if you guys think I should move this to a new thread, say the word.

nah, we don't get to talk enough about Gravely's as it is...

Now if the smaller one is a "dog eater" what's the larger one? "Cow Eater"? :D

/ Rider Snow blower and snow blade almost giveaway. #16  
Thanks, Fluid. I found the IPL for those blowers on gravely manuals and that part (77 in the diagram, PN 10184 "Drive". Looks like an adapter and mounting that mounts to the front of the walkbehind 2 wheel tractor. That part would also need the slip clutch, etc. that goes behind it to interface with the walkbehind. Looks like quite a project to make.

The Model L I have is 6.6hp. So I'm wondering if it has the power to turn that blower you have and push. It seems like the 34" MA-211 may have been mated to the later Model L tractors that had the 6.6hp engine, so the engine might be o.k. with the 38" snowblower if I could adapt it. What is the HP of the tractors that the 38" snowblower is designed to be attached to?

Today I went to pickup a 48" Snow Blade for the Model L from a nice fellow in south central PA. He had a bunch of Gravely stuff. I told him what I was really looking for was an MA-210 or MA-2111 snow blower. He said he thought he had one and we looked through his piles of Gravely stuff and found one in rough-ish shape and without the control rod for the chute. I got it for what I thought was a decent price. I noticed that the chute control doesn't work smoothly, so I'll have to investigate and get that working. I didn't get the snow blade but may get one some day.

BTW, my guess is that the MA-210 weighs 125 to 150 lb. Just a guess from muscling it (with help) into and out of my wife's 2003 Accord sedan's trunk :). Yeah, I need a pickup truck. Some day I suppose!

So, as it turns out, now I have a MA-210 that I could borrow parts from... So I MIGHT be able to hang the 38" snowblower on the Model L. with some fabrication. If the horsepower of the Model L's 6.6 hp engine is enough to operate the tractor and the 38" snow blower, another compatibility question comes to mind: Is the height of the PTO centerline of the 38" snow blower compatible with the PTO centerline height of the Model L? I don't know what the Model L's PTO centerline is off hand, but I can measure that tomorrow.

After that question is answered in the affirmative, two other questions remain for me, assuming that the 38" snowblower can be made mechanically compatible with the Model L (PTO connection interface, mounting of the unit to the Model L):
1) Is the Model L's 6.6hp engine enough for the 38" snow blower?
2) Is it feasible to obtain the 38" Snowblower (travel distance, price)?

Thanks for your help and listening to all this. BTW, if you guys think I should move this to a new thread, say the word.

Cheers,
Pete

Question no.1- What is HP of the tractors that the 38" blower is designed to be attached to? Gravely sales literature says that the 26", 34" can be used on the two wheel 7.6 HP convertible. So you may be pushing your luck with a 38" on your 6.6 HP two wheel tractor. Question no.2- Is the height of the PTO centerline of the 38" blower compatible with the PTO centerline height of the Model L? I will check today and give you the answer to that later, with pictures. Is the Model L's 6.6 HP enough for the 38" blower? Read answer in my question/answer no. 1 Is it feasible to obtain the 38" snowblower (travel distance, price)? If we find that the Model L & the 38" snowblower are compatible, we can PM each other to work out the details on locations & price if that sounds good to you. I don't like giving out my info on a open forum. Best Regards, Fluid

/ Rider Snow blower and snow blade almost giveaway. #17  
BTW, if you guys think I should move this to a new thread, say the word.

nah, we don't get to talk enough about Gravely's as it is...

Now if the smaller one is a "dog eater" what's the larger one? "Cow Eater"? :D

Maybe the larger one is called "Big Dog Eater".. Do you ever sleep daugen? Post time Today, 3:35 AM. Yes, we do need to talk more about Gravely's!! Thanks daugen...

/ Rider Snow blower and snow blade almost giveaway. #18  
Question no.1- What is HP of the tractors that the 38" blower is designed to be attached to? Gravely sales literature says that the 26", 34" can be used on the two wheel 7.6 HP convertible. So you may be pushing your luck with a 38" on your 6.6 HP two wheel tractor. Question no.2- Is the height of the PTO centerline of the 38" blower compatible with the PTO centerline height of the Model L? I will check today and give you the answer to that later, with pictures. Is the Model L's 6.6 HP enough for the 38" blower? Read answer in my question/answer no. 1 Is it feasible to obtain the 38" snowblower (travel distance, price)? If we find that the Model L & the 38" snowblower are compatible, we can PM each other to work out the details on locations & price if that sounds good to you. I don't like giving out my info on a open forum. Best Regards, Fluid

Based on that comment about the HP and the Model L, I agree - I'm going to just keep with the MA-210.
I really do appreciate all of your help on this, Fluid!

Maybe the larger one is called "Big Dog Eater".. Do you ever sleep daugen? Post time Today, 3:35 AM. Yes, we do need to talk more about Gravely's!! Thanks daugen...
Yeah, I thought I was a late nighter. :)

"Big Dog Eater" :thumbsup:

I recently have become afflicted with "too much attention on Gravelys (old and new)" I have this desire to start collecting all of the attachments for the Model L that I don't have. Yesterday I saw the sprayer attachment - very cool. I'd love to have the generator attachment, just for grins. I may need professional help for this affliction. :D

/ Rider Snow blower and snow blade almost giveaway. #19  
Based on that comment about the HP and the Model L, I agree - I'm going to just keep with the MA-210.
I really do appreciate all of your help on this, Fluid!

Yeah, I thought I was a late nighter. :)

"Big Dog Eater" :thumbsup:

I recently become afflicted with "too much attention on Gravelys (old and new)" I have this desire to start collecting all of the attachments for the Model L that I don't have. Yesterday I saw the sprayer attachment - very cool. I'd love to have the generator attachment, just for grins. I may need professional help for this affliction. :D
I understand, If you change your mind, you know where one is. I have the same affliction, there is a name for it, you may or may not know it. They call it G.A.S. = Gravely Acquisition Syndrome anyone can get it. I've had it for some years now. It can lead to 4 wheel tractors also. If you need anything, you just PM me or post in the Gravely section and I see it. Best Regards Fluid