Gravely ZTR

/ Gravely ZTR #1  

RSKY

Veteran Member
Kentucky, West of the Lakes, South of Possum Trot.
Tractor
Kioti CK20S
Does anyone have the Gravely homeowner ZTR mower. Have a chance to get a new one for a reasonable price, so it seems. There are few of this brand sold in this area so I have little information on them. The two I am looking at are the 1740 and the 1944. Any info would be appreciated.

/ Gravely ZTR #2  
Don't know anything about those two machines but I have a Gravely Promaster 260Z (25 hp gas, 60 in cut). I have used mine for about three years and could'nt be happier.

/ Gravely ZTR #3  
RSKY, I have a gravely 1640 homeowner model and it runs great. After 1 year I have put 78 hours on it with only 1 problem. The tension spring for the mower belt was loose and would allow the blades to stall easily. I contacted Gravely and their rep said they had identified the problem and were in the process of sending out a technical bullentin on it. He gave me the part number and my dealer ordered the new part, now it works great /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Gravely ZTR
My 1740 was delivered Saturday while I was at work. Dealers son actually spent an hour showing my wife and daughters how to run the mower. My wife drove it!!

I think I got a good deal on the mower, the dealer has a good reputation, and I did not get one too big for my one acre lot. Now if it will just last 20 years with no repairs.

RSKY

/ Gravely ZTR #5  
The Gravely's are now made by Airens. Still good machines, but not your fathers Gravely.

/ Gravely ZTR #6  
Nothing is the same as it used to be /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

KO