Veteran Member
    Kentucky, West of the Lakes, South of Possum Trot. North of Coldwater, Near Golo
    Tractor
    Kioti CK20S, Ford 4600

Default Gravely ZTR

Does anyone have the Gravely homeowner ZTR mower. Have a chance to get a new one for a reasonable price, so it seems. There are few of this brand sold in this area so I have little information on them. The two I am looking at are the 1740 and the 1944. Any info would be appreciated.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC30 Hydro 4x4, Gravely Zero Turn Mower

Default Re: Gravely ZTR

Don't know anything about those two machines but I have a Gravely Promaster 260Z (25 hp gas, 60 in cut). I have used mine for about three years and could'nt be happier.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    kubota l3010hst/ford 601 workhorse

RSKY, I have a gravely 1640 homeowner model and it runs great. After 1 year I have put 78 hours on it with only 1 problem. The tension spring for the mower belt was loose and would allow the blades to stall easily. I contacted Gravely and their rep said they had identified the problem and were in the process of sending out a technical bullentin on it. He gave me the part number and my dealer ordered the new part, now it works great [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Veteran Member
    Kentucky, West of the Lakes, South of Possum Trot. North of Coldwater, Near Golo
    Tractor
    Kioti CK20S, Ford 4600

My 1740 was delivered Saturday while I was at work. Dealers son actually spent an hour showing my wife and daughters how to run the mower. My wife drove it!!

I think I got a good deal on the mower, the dealer has a good reputation, and I did not get one too big for my one acre lot. Now if it will just last 20 years with no repairs.

RSKY

Elite Member
    Tractor
    IH 2444

The Gravely's are now made by Airens. Still good machines, but not your fathers Gravely.

Tractor
    Can't remember....

Nothing is the same as it used to be [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

KO