value of a gravely mower, model 985113

/ value of a gravely mower, model 985113 #1  

newbury

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota's - B7610, M4700
I'm looking at one on auction, fair running condition, and I have NO idea what these things are worth. It will primarily be used for small "tractor" like tasks on suburban lots of 1/2 acre or so. Hauling stuff, mowing, tilling.

My Grandfather had a similar one in the '70's and he managed a 1 acre garden with it, so I know it's capabilities.

gravely.JPG

thanks

/ value of a gravely mower, model 985113 #2  
Is it just going to be sold "as it sits"? In other words, with only the mower deck and no other attachments?

I had a guy up the road from me sell one similar except it had a 30" mower deck and was a bit cleaner for $600. On the other hand, there's a guy on the Columbus, OH craigslist that's trying to sell one with a deck like that for $1200. The pros on that machine are: Kohler engine, dual ag tires. The cons are that the ag tires may tear up your lawn a little bit and that deck is hard to adjust the height on.

Hard to give a real value with only one picture and not hearing it run. I probably would go too much over $500 or $600 with unknowns. But, my guess is that someone at the auction will run it up over $1000.

Hard to beat those little Gravelys though. I've owned them for most of my life. My current one is a 5465 that I bought very used in '97 or '98. Still runs strong!