Gravely 524, need kohler engine help

/ Gravely 524, need kohler engine help #1  

orb

Bronze Member
Tractor
Farmall H, Massey Harris Ferguson 50 w/300 loader, Kubota 3010
I use this walk behind only occasionally for small bush hogging projects and for tilling the garden. This year when I fired her up she ran like crap. I replaced the pug and put fresh gas in, this helped a little but not much. Decided to bite the bullet and finally invest some money in the beast, so I broke down and bought a new point set, capacitor and air filter (old one was so crammed with dirt I could barely see the paper folds on the thing.) First pull and she fired right up. I then got the bright idea that I should play with the carb setting to get her in truly top notch performance... Well you guessed it!... now the thing wont start and I have no idea where the air and gas screw settings should be.

Anyone know where a good starting place (i.e. how many turn out from all in) I should be for a Kohler K181 engine with Kohler carb?

/ Gravely 524, need kohler engine help #2  
ORB
Start with one and one quarter of a turn or one and one half of a turn it should crank and run till it warms up.
You can tweek it after the motor gets hotter [good luck] /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Don Wynn