Ignition / electrical problems

/ Ignition / electrical problems #1  

rsliker

Tractor
New Holland TC35DA
I have a gravely pro turn 460 that is giving me fits and seems to have an ignition problem that I am having difficulty troubleshooting. The mower cut out and stalled once while driving without the pto engaged. Pulled the parking brake to restart and the ignition switch was completely non responsive. Pulled the mower pto switch off and on and mower started fine. Thereafter mowed several times without event.
Currently mower is dead in the front yard, son was mowing normally and the machine shut down. I came home and assumed it was out of fuel, switched tank and tried to start. Sat in seat with parking brake engaged, turned ignition key, starter chugged once then light on ignition panel went out and ignition now totally non responsive. Battery seems fine, thinking that this is a problem with a kill switch or ignition switch but don't know where to start. Any advice?

/ Ignition / electrical problems #2  
What makes you think "batter seems fine"

Check the easy stuff first. Get a volt meter, see if you are getting ~12.6 at the battery.

/ Ignition / electrical problems #3  
Perhaps your son ran the battery down trying to restart it. I agree, check the battery. Hopefully, your son knows that there's a "duty cycle" for the starter and didn't burn it out trying to restart it.

/ Ignition / electrical problems
Perhaps your son ran the battery down trying to restart it. I agree, check the battery. Hopefully, your son knows that there's a "duty cycle" for the starter and didn't burn it out trying to restart it.

Figured out the issue, problem was with an inline fuse located near the starter. The fuse had loosened out of its socket, plugged it in and machine running fine.