Thinking of ZTR Gravely 44Z, 144Z, or Hustler

/ Thinking of ZTR Gravely 44Z, 144Z, or Hustler #1  

DaMower

Tractor
Murray
Well,

After looking at some commercial grade mowers. I have the fever for a zero turn commercial. I have little over 3/4 acre plus mow a couple other yards. I like the gravely 44Z ( more compact)and 144Z ( benefit larger tires and fuel tank), both with a kawasaki 17hp twin and the Hustler fastrak 18hp honda 44", I like the Toro z400 estaes as well. I love the Tank M48 from cub, but its a little too pricey for me. Right now I am leaning towards the Gravely, but haven't heard much on them even though they have been around for a while.

Jim

/ Thinking of ZTR Gravely 44Z, 144Z, or Hustler #2  
I have had the Gravely 1740 model for two years now and have had no problems that I did not cause. At the time of purchase this was the best model for the money I could find. My wife can mow our 1.1 acre lot in 55 minutes. Previously it took around two hours with a 42" tractor type. We have many trees, sidewalks, patios, and buildings to mow around. I bought the 40" deck model because it will fit in the bed of my Dakota pickup and the 44" would not.

The Gravely has a foot adjustment for deck height, two large fuel tanks, and a comfortable seat. On the minus side the tires are small and it does not do well on side hills. It is also hard to pull out of a pond which would not have happened if it had been better on the hills.

I would buy another Gravely in a heartbeat.

/ Thinking of ZTR Gravely 44Z, 144Z, or Hustler #3  
I would strongly consider the Gravely. If the homeowners' or small commercial versions are remotely as good as the bigger commercial ones, they are among the best out there. I realize the Gravely name--to purists--has been diluted since its purchase by Ariens, but I found the post purchase ZTR Gravely I had to be one of the better overall machines I have ever owned. I would still have it if I had not needed more than a "grass mower."

John M

/ Thinking of ZTR Gravely 44Z, 144Z, or Hustler #4  
Damower, I don't know anything about the toro's really, But you can't go wrong with the hustler or the gravely both will allow you to mow your lawn in very short order... with good reliability

As for you liking the cub tank model they have a sister mower marketed as Lesco and the 48" is priced at $5799. which is probably more than the other two mentioned above.

/ Thinking of ZTR Gravely 44Z, 144Z, or Hustler #5  
I test drove the Gravely, then the Ferris 1500Z...The Ferris had a lot smoother ride and the prices were comparable..$5,400 for the Ferris. Bought in the spring, put 60 hours on it, highly recommended.

/ Thinking of ZTR Gravely 44Z, 144Z, or Hustler #6  
Yes , I think I would like a ferris also especially if it had the suspension /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Much smoother I would assume... That can make a difference ,for sure.

Was that one of the choices he had mentioned , If so I missed it or actually I was just speaking of the two I was more familiar with...

When I was looking I looked at the ferris ,But it was a little more than I wanted to spend... It was more of a, I wish it was cheaper /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I guess thats true with all of them..

/ Thinking of ZTR Gravely 44Z, 144Z, or Hustler
I'll have to check on Ferris and Lesco for sure. I had not checked those out yet. I am really leaning toward the small commercial Gravely 44Z at this point. I really appreciate everyones opinions and suggestions on helping me make my decision of which ZTR to get. I looked at the simplicity ZTR (residential version) today, however its in the gravely price range as well.

Jim

Jim