Hinomoto E2304 - Needs Starter

/ Hinomoto E2304 - Needs Starter #1  

TreyH

Tractor
Hinomoto E2304 & 1962 MF35
I've got a Hinomoto E2304 that needs a starter. It's a Hitachi starter. Was wondering if anyone knew if it crossed to any Nissan cars. I searched the web last night and it looks like an '84 Nissan Maxima used the same starter. Any thoughts? Thanks...

/ Hinomoto E2304 - Needs Starter #2  
Is your starter beyond repair? I have had a few 2304s, but I don't know what starters cross match. I never had a starter problem. I have had starters rebuilt for less than a $100. Try finding an auto-electric repair shop in your area.

/ Hinomoto E2304 - Needs Starter
I tried a solenoid the first time and then replaced the brushes. If I hit it with a crescent wrench it will work. The 'hits' are having to get more forceful lately though. My wife uses this tractor and she is tired of this method. She's threatning to upgrade the crescent wrench. :eek:

/ Hinomoto E2304 - Needs Starter
In case anyone is interested, the E2304 Hitachi starter crosses to a 1984 Nissan Maxima with the 2.4L engine. I found one at O'Reilly Auto Parts, part# 16584, $70.00. I installed it this evening and it seems to work fine. Maybe I can put the crescent wrench back in the toolbox now ....