Kobota L1801 will not start

/ Kobota L1801 will not start #1  

Wil

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L1801DT
I think I might have shorted the ignition switch the last time I used it. When I shut it off I failed to turn the switch to the off position and only pulled up on the lever on the right side that I have to pull to kill the engine.

Any one have any ideas?

Wil

/ Kobota L1801 will not start #2  
Could it be possible the battery has lost it's charge and a jump or a half hour on the charger will fix it?

/ Kobota L1801 will not start #3  
I am in the market for a tractor later since we just moved to our country property. We have the money issue right now. I use to work for the government as a tractor operator and we had large tractors that had fuel kill switches. Sometimes I would forget to turn the ignition switch off and it would drain the battery enough that I either had to jump the tractor or put a charger on it. You won't do damage other than drain your battery.

/ Kobota L1801 will not start
Well I had to replace the battery it was shot. But it still doesn't try to start. I checked the fuses and they are good.

One other point, the starter switch seems to be locked in the "on with headlights" position and I can not move it to "On with out head lights" or "off".

I do not see 12 volts at the fuse panel so I am not sure what is going on.

After being in for a short time while I was checking the fuse panel and all, the battery was only indicating 10.5 volts, so I removed it took in back into the garage and it was indicating 12.47 volts. I put it on the charger for a while and it went back up to 12.57.

/ Kobota L1801 will not start #5  
Wil, sounds like something is drawing power, by your description of the starter switch more than likely it is the starter switch not being able to turn off. If the switch does not move through all it's positions it's bad anyways as you cannot use all the functions of the machine. You can test the switch out by checking continuity of the prongs in relationship to the battery + prong on the switch, but if you cannot get the switch into the off position then all things are mute and you need a new switch before going any further as it will just continue to drain the battery and or not be able to energize the start circuit.

I kind of figured the switch was bad since it will not move. Now for the fun of trying to get one and figure out how to remove the old one and install the new one, since the I & T Shop Service manual I have doesn't show any information on how the switch disconnectes from the dash panel.

Thanks for the help.

Any Idea where I might get a replacement switch?

Is there a generic replacement swith that I could get and save some money?

Any ideas?

Wil

Any Idea where I might get a replacement switch?

Is there a generic replacement switch that I could get and save some money?

Any ideas?

Wil

Failed spelling had to add a c to switch.