Will Massey Tachometer work on my Hinomoto?

/ Will Massey Tachometer work on my Hinomoto? #1  

Springdrl

The pointer on the tachometer on my Hinomoto broke off from age and wear. An exact replacement is obviously going to be difficult. Tachometers for other American-made tractors are available via e-bay and other sources. Does anyone have experience replacing a Hinomoto tach with one from another brand of tractor? Given that dash modification should be easy, could it also be as easy as buying a new one for a Kubota or some other model?

Thanks,

Dan

/ Will Massey Tachometer work on my Hinomoto? #2  
A few models of Hinomoto were sold in the US rebadged as MF. In that case the parts should be identical.

/ Will Massey Tachometer work on my Hinomoto?
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, my Hinomoto 2304 crosses over to a Massey 1030. However, I suspect a replacement for the 1030 is going to be difficult to find as well.

I'm wondering if the tach for an American made Massey or some other make will work. It would depend I'm sure if different models use the same style of cable connector.

/ Will Massey Tachometer work on my Hinomoto? #4  
I'm fairly sure:

The Allis Chalmers 5020/5030 models, MF 1010/1020/1030 and some Simplicity models will interchange. The MF 10 series and AC 5020 parts are still available (or were last year).

/ Will Massey Tachometer work on my Hinomoto? #5  
Check with Southern Global in Mississippi. They have Hinomotos parted out. Len Scheaffer may also have parts tractors.

Eugene

/ Will Massey Tachometer work on my Hinomoto? #6  
Don't count on Mf parts fitting a Japanese Hinomoto. It depends a lot on which model you are dealing with. I don't like to guess when ordering parts Restocking charges get expensive.

/ Will Massey Tachometer work on my Hinomoto? #7  
The MF tach will not fit. MF used the older round gauges. The 2304 has square ones.

Eugene

/ Will Massey Tachometer work on my Hinomoto?
Thanks for that tip David. I noticed several of these on eBay for quite a bit less than the list price and will try one.

Thanks again.