1979 Iseki/Bolens Sales Brochure

/ 1979 Iseki/Bolens Sales Brochure #1  

pannell

Tractor
Iseki TS1910
I just posted scans of a 1979 Bolens/Iseki Sales Brochure I recently acquired.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.vastcom.com/tractors/>http://www.vastcom.com/tractors/</A>

It deals specifically with these models:
G152
G154
G172
G174
G192 (Iseki TS1910)
G194 (Iseki TS1910F)
G242
G244

There are some interesting cross-section diagrams, list of attachments originally available and some technical specs.

I would have uploaded them here, but that's an aweful lot of pictures to put up in one thread.

Enjoy!

Rick

/ 1979 Iseki/Bolens Sales Brochure #2  
Thank you Rick for the brochure...

Very nice scan job... (what type of scanner did you use...?)

A good friend has a Bolens... I think it's a G224 ?... it just keeps ticking like a Timex watch... never ever had one lick of a problem.../w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

/ 1979 Iseki/Bolens Sales Brochure
Thanks!

It's a Xerox XK35c. It's one of those multi-function units that prints, scans, copies, etc. Doesn't do any one job exceptionally well, but does do them all. If I had it to do over again, I would buy one with cheaper print cartridges. Xerox is pretty proud of those cartridges!

I've heard similar praises about Bolens/Iseki. They seem to have a great track-record. Haven't had mine long enough to send similar praises, but it has worked wonderfully for the first couple of months.

I put those out there mainly for other folks looking into buying a grey-market Iseki or used Bolens from that time period. When I went to buy mine I had a hell-of-a-time finding information specific to the TS1910, hope this makes it a little easier for future buyers.

Rick

/ 1979 Iseki/Bolens Sales Brochure #4  
The printer manufacturers practically give the printer away so you'll have to keep buying the expensive cartridges, which is how they make their money. It's just as razor manufacturers will give you a razor to keep selling you the replacement razor cartridges. You may want to look into refill kits for your cartridges to save some $. Wal-Mart has universal refill kits for black and for color cartridges, and I have had good results on my Canon word processor with the black ink kit.

That said, nice job posting the Bolens/Iseki brochure. Very interesting.

/ 1979 Iseki/Bolens Sales Brochure #5  
was : bolens: now: inkjet

Office depot also sells 'refilled' inkjet cartridge.

Soundguy

"You may want to look into refill kits for your cartridges to save some $. Wal-Mart has universal refill kits for black and for color cartridges, and I have had good results on my Canon word processor with the black ink kit.
"

/ 1979 Iseki/Bolens Sales Brochure #6  
Re: was : bolens: now: inkjet

In regards to ink refill kits, they work in a wide varity of printers but will ruin others. The reason there are so many different cartridges is that different printers heat the ink to different temps. Our HR manager thought she would save some money and bought refills for our Epson printers and ruined 4 of them because the ink flowed out of the cartridges like water when brought up to operating temp.

Let the buyer beware.

/ 1979 Iseki/Bolens Sales Brochure #7  
Re: was : bolens: now: inkjet

<font color=blue>...regards to ink refill kits...</font color=blue>

Not to miss an opportunity to plug something... /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

We sell the different inks used by these printers for the volume do-it-yourselfer, and needles, balls, etc.

You can save a considerable amount of money if you use your printer like a "printing press"... The mfrs. are getting smarter using "chips" in the cartridges to prevent refilling, but we have something for that as well... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ 1979 Iseki/Bolens Sales Brochure #8  
Tried the link, but it was dead.... Is this download still available? Thanks