PLEASE HELP! SHIBAURA D23F WATER PUMP

/ PLEASE HELP! SHIBAURA D23F WATER PUMP #1  

AvgIdiot

Does anyone know what model tractor this thing will crossover to? I was told it was the same as the Ford-New Holland, but I don't know which model. My water pump is out and I have NO IDEA how to find one. There is a local Ford-New Holland dealer but I need to know what to ask for. If not, does anyone know the part number and a place to get one? I was gonna try and get one locally so I can fix it this week. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance.

/ PLEASE HELP! SHIBAURA D23F WATER PUMP #2  
Someone with good Shibaura knowledge may come along to help, but you were misled at best. While Shibaura made Ford/NH compacts, there were, to the best of my knowledge, no pure crosses. Some less than credible sellers use that line to sell equipment. You will find many parts difficult, if not impossible, to come by. Suggest you start searching for dealers who list Shibaura and begin a one by one contact. Good luck.

If it is available it can most likely be had directly from Japan....we and most other importers could facilitate that if it can...but it would very likely be Expensive (with a capital "E").

/ PLEASE HELP! SHIBAURA D23F WATER PUMP
Okay that is about my luck. Let me ask you this. If they put their motors in the Ford/NH tractors, is there a way I can tell which motor is in this so I can see if they also put this in one of the Ford/NH? Here is my problem. I traded this thing in with a verbal agreement and I am supposed to make the swap this week and of course the water pump had to do this to me this weekend. Anyone, please help. Please?
Right now, I would settle for a used pump out of a wrecking yard!

/ PLEASE HELP! SHIBAURA D23F WATER PUMP #4  
AvgIdiot said:
Okay that is about my luck. Let me ask you this. If they put their motors in the Ford/NH tractors, is there a way I can tell which motor is in this so I can see if they also put this in one of the Ford/NH? Here is my problem. I traded this thing in with a verbal agreement and I am supposed to make the swap this week and of course the water pump had to do this to me this weekend. Anyone, please help. Please?
Right now, I would settle for a used pump out of a wrecking yard!

you in a jam aya?----you may be able to source seals/bushing/ect& do rebuild? gona need spec. tools--don't break the housing. Maybe get a pro to rebuild for you?

what about the mop string thing? If front seal leaking? wrap mop string (in oposite direction of rotation) around pump shaft.(as it turns it tightens) sometimes works? If works, Be sure to tell your trade buddy what you did though.

/ PLEASE HELP! SHIBAURA D23F WATER PUMP #5  
Try:
ADAMS EQUIPMENT COMPANY
State Route 28
Fort Ashby , WV 26719
Contact Jeff Adams
Phone: 304-298-3726
Fax: 304-298-4397
They advertise rebuilt Shibara water pumps on their website

/ PLEASE HELP! SHIBAURA D23F WATER PUMP
It isn't leaking, but it won't be long because it is making a terrible noise. the bearing/bushing is gone but I can't figure out how to get the impeller off the shaft to see if there is a bushing I can change.

No info on the motor in case the local dealer may have one?

/ PLEASE HELP! SHIBAURA D23F WATER PUMP #7  
I have purchased shibaura parts from Jeff at Adams equip before.

He found us parts that were hard to find here in the states, he had to order from Japan.

Thats one reason why we only sell yanmars, parts are easy to find:D

/ PLEASE HELP! SHIBAURA D23F WATER PUMP #8  
Check with buck HOMELESSTRACTOR.COM He sells the tractors. He might b able to help with parts

/ PLEASE HELP! SHIBAURA D23F WATER PUMP #9  
AvgIdiot said:
Not personally familiar with Shibaura but I would try searching your engine block for numbers, valve covers may also have the engine number tag.

/ PLEASE HELP! SHIBAURA D23F WATER PUMP #10  
AvgIdiot said:
It isn't leaking, but it won't be long because it is making a terrible noise. the bearing/bushing is gone but I can't figure out how to get the impeller off the shaft to see if there is a bushing I can change.

It's prolly pressed on somehow?(special tools). Take the others advice above/W-P is kinda common part&you may bend/break/damage pump in re-build:)