Shibaura wiring question

/ Shibaura wiring question #1  

CatEquipment

Hi, I'm wanting to add a work light to the rear of my Shibaura SD1500B and I noticed that under the right fender, there is an extra yellow wire with a connector. I was wondering if I use this wire for part of the wiring to the work light. I don't have any manuals for the tractor and was wondering what the wire is for. Here is a picture of the wiring.

Thanks

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    504.8 KB · Views: 172
   / Shibaura wiring question #2  
Most Japanese rear light have a switch on the light. If this wire is for a rear light it should be hot (12vdc)

Buck

/ Shibaura wiring question
Thanks Buck! How could I test that?

/ Shibaura wiring question #4  
use a DC volt meter and hold one lead on ground and the other on the end of the wire in question. If it says 12 volts give or take a volt it is hot.

Buck

/ Shibaura wiring question #5  
I never look in this forum but I just noticed this thread, I have a Ford 1700 with a shibaura 2 cyl, not sure but I think the whole tractor is made in Japan.
Your picture looks very similar to mine and I just put a work light on the back using existing wires under the left fender, goes on with the main light switch. not sure which color I used, I did have 2 yellows but I think they were for flashers, but I had other wire that went hot when lights are on. I'll check on the colors.

JB.

Attachments

• Copy of DSCN2522.JPG
    Copy of DSCN2522.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 144
Thanks for all the informaton. JB, your tractor looks exactly like mine. I have one red and one yellow wire on the left side and the three on the right side with one on the yellow wires being unused.

/ Shibaura wiring question #7  
I tried to check mine today but I have them all taped up, it might have been the yellow that I used for the work light, which was an old western plow light I also powered the amber blinker to work with the flashers.
Should be easy to check with a simply test light.
JB.

Thank you for checking on that for me JB! I'm going to test the wire this weekend. I will post what I find out.

Thanks again