Default Shibaura wiring question

Hi, I'm wanting to add a work light to the rear of my Shibaura SD1500B and I noticed that under the right fender, there is an extra yellow wire with a connector. I was wondering if I use this wire for part of the wiring to the work light. I don't have any manuals for the tractor and was wondering what the wire is for. Here is a picture of the wiring.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -002-jpg  

Tractor
    Enough

Default Re: Shibaura wiring question

Most Japanese rear light have a switch on the light. If this wire is for a rear light it should be hot (12vdc)

Buck

Thanks Buck! How could I test that?

Tractor
    Enough

use a DC volt meter and hold one lead on ground and the other on the end of the wire in question. If it says 12 volts give or take a volt it is hot.

Buck

Tractor
    J.D. 4310 E-hydro

I never look in this forum but I just noticed this thread, I have a Ford 1700 with a shibaura 2 cyl, not sure but I think the whole tractor is made in Japan.
    Your picture looks very similar to mine and I just put a work light on the back using existing wires under the left fender, goes on with the main light switch. not sure which color I used, I did have 2 yellows but I think they were for flashers, but I had other wire that went hot when lights are on. I'll check on the colors.

JB.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -copy-dscn2522-jpg  
    JD 4310; E hydro, 300CX, 48 BH, 60" box, 72" rake, 72" rear blade, cast pallet forks, 48", 61"HD & 73" high volume bucket.
    FORD 1700; 2 WD, 2600 hrs.
    JD 320; Hydra lift, 48" deck and 48" snow blade.
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500, Cummins 6.7L, Aisin 6 speed, 9ft utility body.

Thanks for all the informaton. JB, your tractor looks exactly like mine. I have one red and one yellow wire on the left side and the three on the right side with one on the yellow wires being unused.

Tractor
    J.D. 4310 E-hydro

I tried to check mine today but I have them all taped up, it might have been the yellow that I used for the work light, which was an old western plow light I also powered the amber blinker to work with the flashers.
    Should be easy to check with a simply test light.
    JB.
    JD 4310; E hydro, 300CX, 48 BH, 60" box, 72" rake, 72" rear blade, cast pallet forks, 48", 61"HD & 73" high volume bucket.
    FORD 1700; 2 WD, 2600 hrs.
    JD 320; Hydra lift, 48" deck and 48" snow blade.
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500, Cummins 6.7L, Aisin 6 speed, 9ft utility body.

Thank you for checking on that for me JB! I'm going to test the wire this weekend. I will post what I find out.

Thanks again