ring and pinion rear

/ ring and pinion rear #1  

mike helms

Tractor
yanmar 1602d
bought a yanmar 1602d for use around home from a private party ring and pinion bad on rear at time i located the part when i called to buy part was sold since then no one else has been able to find one any one have any ideas i even opp-ted to have one made but cant find specs to get made this is a very expensive yard ornament

/ ring and pinion rear #2  
bought a yanmar 1602d for use around home from a private party ring and pinion bad on rear at time i located the part when i called to buy part was sold since then no one else has been able to find one any one have any ideas i even opp-ted to have one made but cant find specs to get made this is a very expensive yard ornament
Put your name in at any dealer who gets parts machines, but candidly I'd be surprised to find one. The 1602 has to be one of the least common models imported. I have seen two I think in our 15 years, and have only had one on the lot in that time.

Your other option is to see if it uses the same ring and pinion as any other model, and the only way I know to do that is to get the OEM part numbers and then go through parts books for other models that may be similar and compare part numbers.