Massey hino

/ Massey hino #1  

mrlullabye

I just posted up in the buying pricing section, but I wanted to ask some more general questions.

There is a guy a few hours from here selling a 205-4 for very reasonable w/ front end loader. The price is sort of unbelievable to me so I called him up. He says he has never driven a tractor, but he bought it wanted it and now thinks it is over his mechanical aptitude.

He says he took it to a shop to have it checked out and they said the teeth on the flywheel are chipped because about %25 of the time when you try and start it it just whirrs, the rest of the time it starts fine.

They also said it needed a idler pulley, and right now if you put the belt on it will spin off after a few minutes because the bearings are gone in the idler.

I am fairly mechanically inclined I did auto collision repair for 5 years, have rebuilt several engines, changed clutches on front and rear wheel vehicles, and even cut a few cars in half and stitched them back up. So I imagine I could do the work, even though I have never worked on a tractor.

I believe the 205-4 is a hinomoto e184, but not sure. If the tractor was in perfect condition the only thing I would be worried about is it not having power steering.

He also said he was unable to get the PTO and 3 point to work, but he wasnt sure he was doing it right.

Does that sound like a hornets nest? Probably could get a tractor dirt cheap, not sure about the parts. Anyone know who would carry that sort of part?

/ Massey hino #2  
No, today I was working on a pole barn and noticed a nice little simplicity made by hinomoto. it didnt run but the guy said it was for sale for $200. I wasnt sure of it parts wise and since it was a 2wd with R3 tires. Right now im looking at a little Yanmar for sale for $1500 that just needs to be serviced and has a hydraulic leak. Atleast it has 4wd. :)

/ Massey hino #3  
I can supply parts for either tractor. The Simplicity is the same as a Allis 5015. Why do all the good buys have to be so far away?

/ Massey hino #4  
I just posted up in the buying pricing section, but I wanted to ask some more general questions.

There is a guy a few hours from here selling a 205-4 for very reasonable w/ front end loader. The price is sort of unbelievable to me so I called him up. He says he has never driven a tractor, but he bought it wanted it and now thinks it is over his mechanical aptitude.

He says he took it to a shop to have it checked out and they said the teeth on the flywheel are chipped because about %25 of the time when you try and start it it just whirrs, the rest of the time it starts fine.

They also said it needed a idler pulley, and right now if you put the belt on it will spin off after a few minutes because the bearings are gone in the idler.

I am fairly mechanically inclined I did auto collision repair for 5 years, have rebuilt several engines, changed clutches on front and rear wheel vehicles, and even cut a few cars in half and stitched them back up. So I imagine I could do the work, even though I have never worked on a tractor.

I believe the 205-4 is a hinomoto e184, but not sure. If the tractor was in perfect condition the only thing I would be worried about is it not having power steering.

He also said he was unable to get the PTO and 3 point to work, but he wasnt sure he was doing it right.

Does that sound like a hornets nest? Probably could get a tractor dirt cheap, not sure about the parts. Anyone know who would carry that sort of part?

Nah--given your experience with vehicle repairs you'll have no problem getting that 205-4 working fine. Just get the manuals and you'll be golden.

Right now I'm restoring a 1951 Minneapolis Moline BF tractor. It's torn down completely, engine is in the shop for a rebuild (I don't have the equipment to do that job right). I'm learning as I go. So far no insurmountable problem has arisen.

/ Massey hino #5  
I'm a little late to the table here but the 205-4 was a Hino E18D. At least that's what my E18D matches up to. Mine is a 2 cyl engine, later ones I think went to three. That may have been the Massey 210. Not sure.

/ Massey hino #6  
Hello! I was reading your entry and would like to know where you get parts for your tractor? I have a 205-4 Thanks Bruce