Kubota L1500 and RS 1200 Tiller

/ Kubota L1500 and RS 1200 Tiller #1  

AuburnGirl24

I have a Kubota L1500 Tractor. This tractor was purchased used with a RS 1200 Tiller. I am finding it very difficult to find parts for the tractor or tiller. Is there a way to cross over these part numbers to the US equiv. equipment in order to purchase parts?

/ Kubota L1500 and RS 1200 Tiller #2  
Wouldn't matter. While you might find a rare Kubota dealer who would violate policy, they would be rare. Kubota policy prohibits US dealers from working on or supplying parts for grey market models, upon pain of losing their dealership. The Kubota dealers around us went to requiring serial numbers on parts requests for models that have close grey market counterparts, making it all but impossible to buy parts through them for greys.

We have some sources from outside Kubota, but most are in Japan, and pricing tends to be very high.

/ Kubota L1500 and RS 1200 Tiller #3  
Wouldn't matter. While you might find a rare Kubota dealer who would violate policy, they would be rare. Kubota policy prohibits US dealers from working on or supplying parts for grey market models, upon pain of losing their dealership. The Kubota dealers around us went to requiring serial numbers on parts requests for models that have close grey market counterparts, making it all but impossible to buy parts through them for greys.

We have some sources from outside Kubota, but most are in Japan, and pricing tends to be very high.

I don't know my Kubotas, present and past have case gray market counterparts, but I've never been asked the S/N to buy parts, either online, or over the phone.

My guess, is that if you know the P/N, you can order it over the web from a deal with a web site that lets you order by part number.

Otherwise, you might be able to find a fellow TBN'r with the equivalent US-model to "borrow" a S/N from.

Good luck with your parts search.

Jay

/ Kubota L1500 and RS 1200 Tiller #4  
Gray will make ya BLUE

/ Kubota L1500 and RS 1200 Tiller #5  
Gray will make ya BLUE
What on earth do you mean? We have a 186 page catalog of aftermarket parts for grey market Yanmars. We can supply more parts for greys than most OEMs can for their own tractors in the same age range (30 years +). So kindly give some rational explanation to this remark.

/ Kubota L1500 and RS 1200 Tiller #7  
An L1500 is basically the same as a L175 US. But this tractor is getting old, so many parts may not be available even if the Kubota dealer does not ask for a serial number. Some parts can be found at a good auto store, bearings for instance, gaskets, filters, etc. You just have to try that route. If the drivetrain has broken parts you would have to find a salvage yard that has Kubotas. Maybe someone could get them from Japan.

/ Kubota L1500 and RS 1200 Tiller #8  
There is a dealer close to you who supplies all parts and also repairs grey mkt kubotas/I also own a l1500.
Contact me at "catfishcop@msn.com" for details.

/ Kubota L1500 and RS 1200 Tiller #9  
I supply parts for grey Kubotas, but it isn't as easy as a Yanmar. I get parts from US & Japanese sources. There are some aftermarket parts available. Plus I keep track of what yards , have what salvage tractors. I also have access to a couple gear cutting machines, so we can cut gears & splines for obsolete parts at a reasonable price.

/ Kubota L1500 and RS 1200 Tiller #10  
I am trying to assist my mom and brother in locating rear tires for their gray market L1500. My brother says the tires say 8.3/8.22. Can anyone shed some insight into either what tires these little tractors use or what the numbers my brother is seeing equate to?
Thanks in advance.