Massey 1033

/ Massey 1033 #1  

wildbill277

Tractor
31 HP Massey Ferguson 1033
I bought this tractor last week, really good tractor at a good price. I didn't realize until after I bought it that it was a grey. Doesn't bother me, the guy gave me a warranty and has large shop at dealership. I was just wondering if anyone else has this tractor or could shed some light on how to find manuals, I would appreciate it. Also if anyone knows what tractor it compares to would be helpful. Thanks
Tractor.jpg
[/IMG]

/ Massey 1033 #2  
Looks like you got the real US version not a grey market. It looks similar to my Hinomoto E2304. If I visit the MF dealer hunting for parts, I usually try to match to a MF 1030. Go easy on the FEL if that is a Hinomoto - I've heard they are weak on the front axles. Maintenance items are easy to get for mine but if anything major goes wrong I'd think it would be yard art quickly.

/ Massey 1033 #3  
There is no such thing as a MF 1033. This is a Hinomoto E1804. I suspect this was done to misrepresent the tractor. The engine side covers indicate it is grey market. The Massey's didnt have them. The Bulldog loader and the 4WD sticker are dead giveaways that this is a VN rebuild. There's hardly anything that will interchange with a 1030 but there are a few items that will interchange with a 1020.

Eugene

/ Massey 1033 #4  
And it doesn't bother you that the seller lied to you? 31HP? An 1804 is 18 at the pto and 22 at best at the engine. Did you get any references and check them? References are usually your best protection against being taken for a ride. A large shop does not equate with parts availability, which is mediocre at best for the 1804. Even if it is a 2304, it's 26HP at best, same parts issues. Good luck (sincerely). You may want to do some quick investigating and consider trying to return it.

/ Massey 1033
I looked the tractor up on tractordata, and it does list the MF1033. It says that it is the same as a hinomoto E2304. It list pto hp as 28, so probably is a 31 hp motor? I know a few guys that have bought from this dealer, and they haven't had any problems with parts or service. You guys have me scared. I am very pleased with the little amount of work that I have done with the tractor. The dealer is about an hour and a half from my house, so I was wanting to be able to get parts/manuals closer to home or on internet.

/ Massey 1033 #6  
There's nothing wrong with a Hinomoto. I've been importing them since 1999. It's just that that's not a Massey Ferguson. Does it have multispeed PTO? A Massey doesn't. A MF in that size would have 11.2X24 adjustible wheels. That one doesnt. A MF uses the dash panel from an E264 and the likes which has a pronounced rising angle with round guages. The 1804 has square guages. There should also be a 3D MF between the headlights. You can buy decals for just about any make of tractor and put it on something but that doesn't make it anything other than what is is. The only US 10 series Masseys skipped from 1030 to 1035.

Formerly buppy69
Eugene

/ Massey 1033 #7  
And the bulldog loader is a dead giveaway. Ask where the supplier/distributor is for parts for that loader. We get calls frequently for that and the v-tech loader one of the vn recon outfits use.....I don't know where to get parts. I've never found them available anywhere but the people selling these tractors and if they have the parts then I don't understand why we get as many calls as we do.

/ Massey 1033
I appreciate yall's imput. This is my first tractor, and I looked and looked for months to find one I really like. Now I feel a little gutted. I hope it holds up for at least a few years, I will be mostly mowing at the deer lease. If my wife finds out I bought a peice of crap, she's gonna be pissed! She didn't want me to buy one to start with. So I guess getting parts from Massey is out of the question? Dang it, I always seem to mess up. Again thanks for all the info.

/ Massey 1033 #9  
Yes, getting parts from Massey is out. Your best bet from everything I know is to use Eugene (Hinomotoman) who posted in this thread. Hope it works out for you, but I never cease to be amazed at how many people buy first and research afterward. My biggest concern would be that the seller already conned you....I'd have a hard time trusting him. In fact, you might consider a call to your state Attorney General's office.....most have people who deal with fraud.

/ Massey 1033 #10  
I saw the info on tractordata.com. They post anything that anyone sends them without verifying the source or the accuracy. It's curious that the information says it's fron Hinomoto and not MF. Probably the guy that tried to sell that tractor posted it. I've seen that tractor go unsold on ebay at least 3 times. Don't beat yourself up. Maybe you got a good one. I've never had any major problems out of over 100. A head gasket and a kingpin bearing. I even bought a VN rebuild from a guy who couldn't get the 3 point hitch to work. All it needed was an adjustment.

Formerly Buppy69
Eugene