Hinomoto E2304 info

/ Hinomoto E2304 info #1  

Crog

I am looking into purchasing a 2304 and wanted to hear opinions of other Hinomoto owners. I understand that it is very close to the MF 1030 and the DA 5220. Have you had any difficulties getting parts for the 2304 through Massey or Duetz Allis dealers for this model?

Is the engine HP 23 or 26 on this one? Can ROPS for the MF 1030 be obtained and fitted on the 2304?

Thanks,
Jeff

/ Hinomoto E2304 info #2  
23 pto 26.5 flywheel (some say add three some say add four so you can split the difference /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif)

/ Hinomoto E2304 info #3  
I just got a 2304. I have a parts manual. I was surprised that it is in English. There are several parts dealers on the net that can get the parts if you have a parts number. It usually is much easier than finding a Massey dealer that will even talk to you about grey parts. ( Isn't your YM1610 what you were looking for? )

/ Hinomoto E2304 info #4  
I just rebuilt one side of the front axle on my E2004 (identical to E2304 except for engine bore). I was able to get all the bearing and seals through AGCO and Applied Industrial Technologies. I bought the temperature sensor at Advanced Auto, and the hour meter cable at Napa. My understanding is that the Hino specific parts are available from a warehouse in Japan, but when they run out, you are stuck with used parts. The AGCO dealer somewhat near me said he could perform engine work if required.

On the other hand, I think the tractor is over built (and very heavy for its size) compared to the Yanmars and like all of these tractors, it should last a very long time if not abused.

It is my understanding that Yanmar has discontinued making parts for many of the older Yanmars, so that is also something to consider.

/ Hinomoto E2304 info #5  
There are some specific parts not available for Yanmars. The YM2200, YM2700 have the most parts not available. Rear axles for the YM1610 are scarce and some rubber goods for the YMXX20 and YMxx02 aren't available. As well as front grills.

You are right about the Hino 2304, it is a tank.

/ Hinomoto E2304 info #6  
I have had 4 2304's and they are one of the nicest tractors I have driven, but beware! On my second one I installed a loader and after about 5-6 months I destroyed the gears in one knuckle on the front axle. I eventually sold that tractor and the new owner broke another gear. Later I installed a loader on another 2304 and warned the new owner to take it easy and always use a counterweight on the rear. One week later he broke a gear. He confessed that he did not have anything on the back and was trying to move a BIG rock. About a year later the same guy called me and he had broke the tractor in half. It broke behind the bell housing. He took the tractor apart and had the pieces TiG welded. I never heard back from him so I assume it went back together OK. I later read somewhere that Massey Ferguson would not honor the warranty on their 1030 if anything broke due to the loader being used without sufficient counter weight. I don't know how much truth there is to that though.

/ Hinomoto E2304 info #7  
I remember you telling about this before. I guess there is a lot to be said for subframe mounts. When you put a Hinomoto next to a Yanmar it is hard to believe the Yanmar will take more than the beafy Hinomoto. I have looked closely at the Yanmar front hubs. There really isn't much there to hold vertical load. I guess I am lucky most of my customers use their tractors to mow and few put loaders on them.

/ Hinomoto E2304 info #8  
I have a 2304 going on 5 months now, it is a great machine. I primarily use it to pull a 7' 6" field mower (like a big finish mower tag along) it handles it like a dream. I mow the fields every 3 weeks so the grass stays down, but power is no problem. the 2304 is quite, and comfortable, the power steering and syn. trans are ideal. I have also been using mine with a 6' bush hog, in the brush and it handles it well also. I have nothing bad to say (my knee hits the horn button all the time!!!!) , enjoy your tractor, I think you will be very happy. PS I found the DA5220 owners manual helpful, however it rates the tractor at 21hp.

/ Hinomoto E2304 info #9  
My E2004 has a Hinomoto FEL with a subframe, and with the FEL empty and no counterweight, the tractor will get stuck on an ever so slight incline on hard ground in 2WD. The tractor front/rear weight distribution seems to be way off. When you consider that the tractor weights about 2,700 pounds with the FEL, and almost all that weight seems to be on the front axle, it seems likely that something on the front axle might fail.

I am in the process of adding counterweights so I can use the FEL without the tiller, but I suspect that the maximum rated wheel weight (in MF1030 owner's manual) of 150 pounds per side will be insufficient.

/ Hinomoto E2304 info #10  
Interesting to see so many coments and interest about the Hinomoto E2304 compact tractor. I'd never heard of it until a friend of mine recently asked if I knew anyone with an Operator's manual, Service and Parts manual for it. He's looked at my MF-1030 manual and there's not a lot of difference between the 2 but he'd like the real deal. I wondered if anyone could help.
Brian:licking: