Hinomoto N239

/ Hinomoto N239 #1  

double hunter

Gold Member
Tractor
Ford 1715
Looking at buying a Hino N239, 4 wheel, Bulldog FEL, I nothing about these tractors, it cranks and runs good, loader works good, everything works good but the 3 point lift and it does not work at all, the owner sez it had a computer that controlled the lift and he removed all this, I do not know if it worked after that or not, will have to check back with him, he wants 3k for this tractor, is that a good price, are parts avail. for this tractor, any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

/ Hinomoto N239 #2  
That would be too good of a price if it were any other make. However, they haven't made those for a lot of years. If Japan wasn't falling into the ocean you might have gotten used parts in a few months. Most of the Hinomotos had aluminum frames. They are known for breaking in to with a loader. If you figure to use it until it breaks and then scrap it , I guess go for it.

/ Hinomoto N239
Thanks for the response, not exactly the answer I was looking for but better to find out now rather than later, did a little research and checked with a supplier of Japanese parts and he told me the same thing, use it til it breaks and take it to the scrap yard, probably will pass, are the filters avail for this, may go back and make an offer like it is a disposable tractor.

/ Hinomoto N239 #4  
If you do some research in a filter book you can probably get some that " will fit". I have spent many hours looking at a WIX book and comparing data.

/ Hinomoto N239 #5  
The 3 point lift will not work without the computer, period.

Eugene

/ Hinomoto N239 #6  
Hmmmm, I've got a Hinomoto N239D (4x4) and I don't think there is a computer on mine. The 3 point lift goes up and down with a simple lever on the right hand side....

/ Hinomoto N239 #7  
I bought a Himonoto N239 today with a Bulldog FEL AND a 3 point hitch that does not work. The person I bought it from told me it had just recently stopped working..all of a sudden. I mentioned this forum thread and he said he knew nothing about it. I also asked him point blank if the hitch worked when he bought it. He said it did. He kindly delivered it to me and unloaded it. As we were leaning across the tractor talking I noticed oil seeping from the panel in front of the seat where the steering shaft et al runs. He said he had never seen that before and he pulled the cover off. It was actually the steering shaft that was leaking and there was also a repair weld already at the same 'seam'. Long story not quite as long I paid him for his troubles in delivering it and we loaded it back up. I AM NOT saying he intentionally deceived me but if this is not the same tractor as the one originally mentioned in this thread then anyone considering a Hinomoto need beware. I hate it too. It really is a nice little tractor.

/ Hinomoto N239 #8  
I posted the following on the TractorByNet.com > Related Equipment > Ag Tractors & Machinery site:

I purchased a tractor, from an individual, with decals and paint representing it as a Massey Ferguson 1225. He had purchased it from Greenville Tractor & Equipment, Greenville, TX. He gave me a bill of sale on which he had copied the description of the tractor from the invoice he got from Greenville Tractor & Equipment. The description states: "Massy 1225 31HP 4 wheel drive Tractor, with power steering, shuttle shift and aux 3-point tilt. Serial # 1008/6112".

The MF 1225 manual has NOTHING in common with my tractor, and the 1225 descriptions and pictures on the internet have NOTHING in common with my tractor. However, my tractor matches almost perfectly with the Hinomoto N239 at http://www.machineryzone.com/used/us...oto-n239.html#. But, I can't find a manual or other specific information about the N239. In trying to track down what the actual make and model of my tractor is, I have been given many stories from other dealers such as the reason the meter was reset to zero was because the refurbrusher followed the law for certified tractor rebuilders which require that certain criteria, set by law has been met such as reboring the block and putting in oversized sleeves and pistons as well as other requirements such as new bearings, shaft miked and/or turned etc.?

I have not been able to find anything on the internet about such a law. Do you know of such a law? If so, can you tell me where I can finde the law/codes?

Also, do you know if a 23/24 HP diesel engine could be pumped to 31 HP through this rebuild process?

My hour gage is at 100. The person I purchased it from said it was set to zero because it was rebuitl/referbushed/remanufactured by a certified dealer. Have you heard of a law that permits resetting the hour gage to zero?

/ Hinomoto N239 #9  
I posted the following on the TractorByNet.com > Related Equipment > Ag Tractors & Machinery site:

I purchased a tractor, from an individual, with decals and paint representing it as a Massey Ferguson 1225. He had purchased it from Greenville Tractor & Equipment, Greenville, TX. He gave me a bill of sale on which he had copied the description of the tractor from the invoice he got from Greenville Tractor & Equipment. The description states: "Massy 1225 31HP 4 wheel drive Tractor, with power steering, shuttle shift and aux 3-point tilt. Serial # 1008/6112".

The MF 1225 manual has NOTHING in common with my tractor, and the 1225 descriptions and pictures on the internet have NOTHING in common with my tractor. However, my tractor matches almost perfectly with the Hinomoto N239 at http://www.machineryzone.com/used/us...oto-n239.html#. But, I can't find a manual or other specific information about the N239. In trying to track down what the actual make and model of my tractor is, I have been given many stories from other dealers such as the reason the meter was reset to zero was because the refurbrusher followed the law for certified tractor rebuilders which require that certain criteria, set by law has been met such as reboring the block and putting in oversized sleeves and pistons as well as other requirements such as new bearings, shaft miked and/or turned etc.?

I have not been able to find anything on the internet about such a law. Do you know of such a law? If so, can you tell me where I can finde the law/codes?

Also, do you know if a 23/24 HP diesel engine could be pumped to 31 HP through this rebuild process?

My hour gage is at 100. The person I purchased it from said it was set to zero because it was rebuitl/referbushed/remanufactured by a certified dealer. Have you heard of a law that permits resetting the hour gage to zero?

These are the people and practices that put us and many others out of the grey market tractor business. We never misrepresented or cross-decaled anything, but got whipped by those who did. The only law about this is the law of deception. Many, if not most, of those selling the vn recons would say literally anything about them. We've heard stories from sellers that defy all sense, yet there always seems to be a willing buyer if the price is low enough. If people would ask questions and DEMAND sensible answers this wouldn't happen. Unfortunately you're a step removed from the selling dealer which leaves you at disadvantage. Think about it...someone should have demanded to see documentation of "certified tractor rebuilders"...I have no idea what that means. There is no such certification. Sorry you're stuck with this thing, and no you can't increase the HP like that... they lied about the HP too. Most of what we've seen of these "things" don't come close to what we would call a full rebuild.

/ Hinomoto N239 #10  
LMTC is correct. Somepeople have no scruples when comes to trying to defraud people. The N series Hinomotos are the least supportes Hinomotos parts wise. Hinomoto went bankrupt & was bought by Hitachi. They are only supplying parts that are in inventory. No new parts. Email me the engine model & I should be able to identify it. If that doesn't work send me some pictures. I may have a parts book for it.