Hinomoto E324 clutch

/ Hinomoto E324 clutch
Your set up is different than the ones I have done but I suspect all you will have to do is take the bolts out of the tube housing and when the tractor halves are rolled apart there will be a a yoke that simply slides off a splined shaft end. I tried looking at some parts diagrams on AGCO's website but it appears they have made some recent changes and I can't get the diagram pics to load. The Parts lists describes a 19 spline yoke on several models though so you might have that too based on MF models. This link describing how to do it to a E204 sounds like a very similar setup to yours based upon how the e204's tube housing bolts were configured..... so i would say that after the bolts are taken out the halves should be able to be rolled apart and the shaft dropped. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/grey-market-tractors/150839-hinomoto-e204.html

Thanks for the reply.

I kind of thought that would be the case. I loosened the 3 bolts on the rear tube flange then quit for the night. I don't want to remove the front if possible. I can't really roll the tractor forward as I'm kind of maxed out in the garage. Murphy's law would have been i do all of the work to split the thing and there was something complex to make at least one side of the tube to come out. I'm wondering how much additional force it will take above what's required to split the tractor.

I guess the best way would be wrapping a rope around the whole thing while i roll it back to avoid dropping anything.

Do i need to drain oil in the rear axle to do this?

/ Hinomoto E324 clutch #12  
Thanks for the reply.

I kind of thought that would be the case. I loosened the 3 bolts on the rear tube flange then quit for the night. I don't want to remove the front if possible. I can't really roll the tractor forward as I'm kind of maxed out in the garage. Murphy's law would have been i do all of the work to split the thing and there was something complex to make at least one side of the tube to come out. I'm wondering how much additional force it will take above what's required to split the tractor.

I guess the best way would be wrapping a rope around the whole thing while i roll it back to avoid dropping anything.

Do i need to drain oil in the rear axle to do this?

I think securing the front while you pull the back half is a good idea.

You shouldn't loose any oil...there is probably an o ring or gasket that seals gunk from getting in the end of the tube/ differential but there shouldn't be any oil there.

/ Hinomoto E324 clutch
I think securing the front while you pull the back half is a good idea.

You shouldn't loose any oil...there is probably an o ring or gasket that seals gunk from getting in the end of the tube/ differential but there shouldn't be any oil there.

Hm.... i know there is little wetness in that area. This would probably be a good time to replace any of those O-rings/seals.

if i only had a parts manual... Hm...

Where aon the ARCO page are you seeing a parts diagram for the MF tractors? I couldn't find anything like that.

I think it's part #40 (3281425M1) however, if i do a google search it doesn't come up. My closest "dealer" is quite a long way aways to not only travel to, but probably pay $40 for a $10 part. Where else can i buy this?

oh yea... don't deal with the guys at Rodio tractor in Hammonton NJ, everyone i'm talking to there to simply order the massey parts are *icks.

Last edited:
   / Hinomoto E324 clutch #14  
Hm.... i know there is little wetness in that area. This would probably be a good time to replace any of those O-rings/seals.

if i only had a parts manual... Hm...

Where aon the ARCO page are you seeing a parts diagram for the MF tractors? I couldn't find anything like that.

I think it's part #40 (3281425M1) however, if i do a google search it doesn't come up. My closest "dealer" is quite a long way aways to not only travel to, but probably pay $40 for a $10 part. Where else can i buy this?

oh yea... don't deal with the guys at Rodio tractor in Hammonton NJ, everyone i'm talking to there to simply order the massey parts are *icks.

I had posted about the AGCO site before in one my responses to you. AGCO Parts Books I usually go to "browse books" to look at the different models. If you go to the home page, enter as guest user. I just went there and was able to see the diagram pics....go figure...they would not load last night. They look exactly like the one you posted. When I first saw it I assumed you had gotten it from the AGCO site. Anyway...I think having the AGCO website can be the next best thing to having a manual for Iseki and Hinomoto owners who can't get manuals for their tractors. It doesn't give repair information of course but just being able to see how items are assembled/break down is of huge benefit at times.

It is not totally uncommon for the brand name dealers to have attitudes toward grey market tractor owners looking for parts...even for the cross over models. Our local MF dealer treated me like crap when he learned I was purchasing parts for a Hinomoto that had a MF direct crossover........last time I ever stepped foot in there. They are not all that way.....just saying, it happens. It's not fair to misrepresent the parts you want and if they don't work to expect them to take them back but it is quite another for them to treat a potential customer like dirt simply because they own a grey market tractor. As far as buying the part, wait to see what condition it is in and if a common metric seal or oring can be purchased to replace it or if it was simply leaking a little because something needed tightened. Sometimes adding an additive like Lucas oil stop leak will fix leaking seals pretty well.

/ Hinomoto E324 clutch
I had posted about the AGCO site before in one my responses to you. AGCO Parts Books I usually go to "browse books" to look at the different models. If you go to the home page, enter as guest user. I just went there and was able to see the diagram pics....go figure...they would not load last night. They look exactly like the one you posted. When I first saw it I assumed you had gotten it from the AGCO site. Anyway...I think having the AGCO website can be the next best thing to having a manual for Iseki and Hinomoto owners who can't get manuals for their tractors. It doesn't give repair information of course but just being able to see how items are assembled/break down is of huge benefit at times.

It is not totally uncommon for the brand name dealers to have attitudes toward grey market tractor owners looking for parts...even for the cross over models. Our local MF dealer treated me like crap when he learned I was purchasing parts for a Hinomoto that had a MF direct crossover........last time I ever stepped foot in there. They are not all that way.....just saying, it happens. It's not fair to misrepresent the parts you want and if they don't work to expect them to take them back but it is quite another for them to treat a potential customer like dirt simply because they own a grey market tractor. As far as buying the part, wait to see what condition it is in and if a common metric seal or oring can be purchased to replace it or if it was simply leaking a little because something needed tightened. Sometimes adding an additive like Lucas oil stop leak will fix leaking seals pretty well.

The guy was just arrogant. It probably would have been just the same if he knew it was an actual Massey. It wasn't about half way through the conversation i mentioned it was for a Hinomoto and he didn't even seem to know what it was. Next time i'll order it through a dealer down south where people tend to be friendlier. I'll never do business with Rodio Tractor unless it was something where i needed the part that day and they had it in stock, and for some reason I HAD to finish it that day.

It just feels overall trying to get massey parts or ordering things through AGCO is super hard compared to Kubota, New Holland or anything Messicks offers.

I have this tractor all supported up and it's ready to split, but si still can't quite coax it into splitting. i wonder if hooking up a vehicle to it and giving a little nudge would help. It sounds dangerous though. I'm not seeing where i could pry against to separate the bell housing. Is there any trick to it?

I have an extra small 4 ton bottle jack... i wonder if i put that hoizonal and used a 4x4 somewhere stable like pressing against the loader bracket if it'd push it off? There has to be a clever way to to this.

Last edited:
   / Hinomoto E324 clutch #16  
I would double check to make certain you have everything disconnected. There are usually a lot of little things; wiring, steering components, hydraulic lines, sheet metal, throttle linkage, fuel line, hard to see or reach bolts holding the cases together, etc, etc and make sure it's not something related to the loader. From the pics, I would have suspected you would have had to take more of it off but it's in front of you, not me and you should be able to tell by looking at it.........I'm not familiar with your model so I can't tell you exactly what you need to do but there may be something you didn't first notice so again, do a double check. I wouldn't use a lot of force just yet ( if ever?) try pulling it apart straight...make sure it's not "cocked" at an angle.

/ Hinomoto E324 clutch
Tractor is apart but a **** hydraulic line is in the way to get it fully separated.

pops claims i shouldn't necessarily HAVE to get it any further than it is ~6 - 8"?

thinks the problem could be the shaft from the transmission got stuck and wasn't releasing.

taking the hydraulic line off would make things easier (the line from the pump to the power steering but... i'll try it without.

The bottle jack / press against the loader seemed to work okay.

https://picasaweb.google.com/ken.mayle/HinomotoE324#

(last few photos)

I have a video i sent to dad trying to figure out the hydraulic line issue (it's in hi def if switched to 720p)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWMJraXxMZY

he says try getting a cheap 1 1/8" end wrench (12 point) at harbor freight and cutting a slit in it to get past the metal hose.

i'll try doing the clutch in the room provided... hopefully the flywheel isn't screwed up and require much of a resurfacing.

/ Hinomoto E324 clutch #18  
Tractor is apart but a **** hydraulic line is in the way to get it fully separated.

pops claims i shouldn't necessarily HAVE to get it any further than it is ~6 - 8"?

thinks the problem could be the shaft from the transmission got stuck and wasn't releasing.

taking the hydraulic line off would make things easier (the line from the pump to the power steering but... i'll try it without.

The bottle jack / press against the loader seemed to work okay.

https://picasaweb.google.com/ken.mayle/HinomotoE324#

(last few photos)

I have a video i sent to dad trying to figure out the hydraulic line issue (it's in hi def if switched to 720p)

YouTube - ‪Hydraulic Line Hinomoto E324‬‏

he says try getting a cheap 1 1/8" end wrench (12 point) at harbor freight and cutting a slit in it to get past the metal hose.

i'll try doing the clutch in the room provided... hopefully the flywheel isn't screwed up and require much of a resurfacing.

Your father brings up a valid point about the shaft. Was there any indication that the hub that the release bearing slides on could have been binding or that the fork wasn't engaging it correctly ( was everything moving freely and correctly between the rod that enters the housing and the pressure plate)?

The large line is the suction line, the small one coming off the bottom is the pressure line. It's hard to tell from the video but it does look like the large "suction boss bolt" will clear the line sitting behind it if you can get it unscrewed. What about using an open end wrench, crescent wrench, vice grips, channel lock pliers, pipe wrench...anything that can grab that nut? I assume this was your first thought but from the video it appears like any of those might work ( I assume there's a reason they wouldn't, I just can't tell what it is from the video). Chances are once it is broken loose it will come out fairly easily.

{I will even throw this out there but with great caution.....sometimes you can get a nut loosened by tapping one of the sides with a chisel to get it to rotate. You DO NOT want to damage anything and not saying it's a good idea in this scenario but I've done it many times on less sensitive parts....this would definitely be a " no other hope" alternative in my book but it can be a viable way to loosen hard to reach nuts}.

I admire the fact that you are tackling this job. You sound like a young man and mention you've never done anything like this before but you have jumped in with both feet anyway. There's a lot of experienced people on this forum that would be too intimidated by the thought of this project to even turn the first bolt. It looks like you have what it takes to get this done so don't get overwhelmed or doubt you can finish the job. Your doing fine!

/ Hinomoto E324 clutch
Your father brings up a valid point about the shaft. Was there any indication that the hub that the release bearing slides on could have been binding or that the fork wasn't engaging it correctly ( was everything moving freely and correctly between the rod that enters the housing and the pressure plate)?

The large line is the suction line, the small one coming off the bottom is the pressure line. It's hard to tell from the video but it does look like the large "suction boss bolt" will clear the line sitting behind it if you can get it unscrewed. What about using an open end wrench, crescent wrench, vice grips, channel lock pliers, pipe wrench...anything that can grab that nut? I assume this was your first thought but from the video it appears like any of those might work ( I assume there's a reason they wouldn't, I just can't tell what it is from the video). Chances are once it is broken loose it will come out fairly easily.

{I will even throw this out there but with great caution.....sometimes you can get a nut loosened by tapping one of the sides with a chisel to get it to rotate. You DO NOT want to damage anything and not saying it's a good idea in this scenario but I've done it many times on less sensitive parts....this would definitely be a " no other hope" alternative in my book but it can be a viable way to loosen hard to reach nuts}.

I admire the fact that you are tackling this job. You sound like a young man and mention you've never done anything like this before but you have jumped in with both feet anyway. There's a lot of experienced people on this forum that would be too intimidated by the thought of this project to even turn the first bolt. It looks like you have what it takes to get this done so don't get overwhelmed or doubt you can finish the job. Your doing fine!

I just go at things slow. I've done... other stuff. and I am an engineer having worked for a major OEM. I didn't do mechanical stuff professionally... just worked on cars growing up. Over the last year i've more got into marine engines. This one just kind of threw me off as i just bought this tractor after selling a Kubota L2850D for a good profit after i got my use out of it. I was hoping this one wouldn't have given me problems like this for a while but.... when it rains it pours. I have no time constraints so this is more or less a hobby but really, I have no choice not to do it. It's this, pay someone 2k+ to do it, or try selling a really odd ball tractor that won't move. So... it is what it is. next time I'll buy the broken tractor dirt cheap and just fix it.

I could crack it ever so loose once the starter was removed (the high pressure line) but then couldn't get much of a turn on it. I needed either a shorter 1 1/8" cresent, or as my dad suggested buy a cheap 12 point end wrench and cut a slit in it.

Fortunately it looks like i can do this without separating the tractor any further. Turns out the pilot bearing for the Massey 1035 is smaller than the Hinomoto Toyosha 1.5 93 CI engine. I managed to get the part number off the NSK bearing and it's NSK 6203DU (same as in Craftsman and Rigid 10" table saws)

I'm not sure if this is a symptom of the thrust bearing froze up, or something else... but the pressure plate is scorn really bad. The flyweel looked perfect.

I tried taking out the pilot bearing using the grease but rather wet toilet paper approach without success. Since i'm waiting on parts, i just ordered a small tight space pilot puller for $25. I've been accumulating all sorts of tools on this little project. Some weren't needed and need to go back.

Till i get parts, i'll probably clean up the flywheel, clean out the bell housing, swap the thrust bearing and maybe get some of the oil and hydraulic filters. Not a whole lot else i can do till parts come :/

that or work on a parking brake that is stuck on a truck i recently bought.

/ Hinomoto E324 clutch #20  
I just go at things slow. I've done... other stuff. and I am an engineer having worked for a major OEM. I didn't do mechanical stuff professionally... just worked on cars growing up. Over the last year i've more got into marine engines. This one just kind of threw me off as i just bought this tractor after selling a Kubota L2850D for a good profit after i got my use out of it. I was hoping this one wouldn't have given me problems like this for a while but.... when it rains it pours. I have no time constraints so this is more or less a hobby but really, I have no choice not to do it. It's this, pay someone 2k+ to do it, or try selling a really odd ball tractor that won't move. So... it is what it is. next time I'll buy the broken tractor dirt cheap and just fix it.

I could crack it ever so loose once the starter was removed (the high pressure line) but then couldn't get much of a turn on it. I needed either a shorter 1 1/8" cresent, or as my dad suggested buy a cheap 12 point end wrench and cut a slit in it.

Fortunately it looks like i can do this without separating the tractor any further. Turns out the pilot bearing for the Massey 1035 is smaller than the Hinomoto Toyosha 1.5 93 CI engine. I managed to get the part number off the NSK bearing and it's NSK 6203DU (same as in Craftsman and Rigid 10" table saws)

I'm not sure if this is a symptom of the thrust bearing froze up, or something else... but the pressure plate is scorn really bad. The flyweel looked perfect.

I tried taking out the pilot bearing using the grease but rather wet toilet paper approach without success. Since i'm waiting on parts, i just ordered a small tight space pilot puller for $25. I've been accumulating all sorts of tools on this little project. Some weren't needed and need to go back.

Till i get parts, i'll probably clean up the flywheel, clean out the bell housing, swap the thrust bearing and maybe get some of the oil and hydraulic filters. Not a whole lot else i can do till parts come :/

that or work on a parking brake that is stuck on a truck i recently bought.

Doesn't look like your making bad time to me in this situation and it pays not to rush things sometimes.As long as you have room to get to everything then I wouldn't worry about the hyd. lines either....just makes it a little easier job with the extra space.

The pressure plate looks like it is heavily grooved from the friction pad rivets. A sure sign that it was time for a new clutch, those rivets should have been well recessed in the pads so they are obviously very worn and a good reason why the pads would slip rather that grab the pressure plate.