Good Place to buy Reconditioned Greys around TN??

/ Good Place to buy Reconditioned Greys around TN?? #1  

Anonymous Poster

I live up toward bristol TN i have a E2004 hinomoto and am now looking for like a Hinomoto or Iseki or yanmar or ??. I'm wanting something a little smaller say a 1401D or a 1301D size ~1400 # or less and about 15hp or so. Maybe someone knows model #'s??

Does anyone know which of the 3 brands has best parts and easiest to find in good condition? Last tractor i bought i got a great price but am having to go and repaint,service and fix worn parts i didn't detect when i tried it out.. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Looking for reputable dealer in eastern TN, Middle TN, NC,SC, AL, Georgia..or ky thanks..

thanks in advance /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Good Place to buy Reconditioned Greys around TN?? #2  
You may try checking out this thread. dealer list Have not dealt with any of these dealers myself but hopefully it helps you. You may try asking in the yanmar forum. It seems to be a little more popular. I'm sure some of the people that post in there have dealt with a few of these dealers.

/ Good Place to buy Reconditioned Greys around TN?? #3  
tndefendermk,

I sent you a private message concerning your inquiry about Reconditioned Greys. Check your mail.
Thanks Rick

/ Good Place to buy Reconditioned Greys around TN?? #4  
I can't help you with a dealer, but the YM1301D or YM1401D is around the size you specified. Roughly 1200lb with 15-16 hp and almost exactly the same size physically. The YM1301D is a newer model produced from 1981-1983, though the 1401D is more common and was produced from 1979-1981. The 1301D has a smaller displacement engine at 831cc (vs 879cc for the 1401), but weighs about 22lb more than the 1401D. If you move up to the YM1510D at around 18hp (same 879cc engine as the 1401D) you get more weight at about 1340lb - plus the powershift transmission. Physically, the 1510D is not much larger than the 1301D or 1401D.

If you would like to see some photos of a 1301D, check out my web page.

/ Good Place to buy Reconditioned Greys around TN??
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/kb13/misc.htm

Try this website. It will give you dealers in all the states. I know that Barrett Tractor is just south of the state line in Alabama. Also there is a dealer who imports Yanmar and Iseki in Tullahoma TN.

Haven't done business with any of these but at least you have some names.

Don Worrell

/ Good Place to buy Reconditioned Greys around TN?? #6  
I just took delivery of a yanmar 2420 from Tullahoma Tractor in Tullahoma, Tn. I was impressed with them. They had a good selection of fairly priced units. Most brands but more Yanmars than anything. They appeared to clearly prefer the Yanmar and I didn't sense that it was a sells job. They just liked them better. They supply parts and do service. Bruce posts here often. I thought their implements were fairly priced also and of good quality. So far I love the tractor.

/ Good Place to buy Reconditioned Greys around TN?? #7  
I just bought a YM2020 from Tullahoma Tractor three weeks ago, got a bush hog and tiller. I think the price was right and they were willing to replace anything that had a major problem. Every thing is working great so far, the tractor had all new oil and filters, and they greased it before I left with it.
Seem like good people to deal with.