Power Steering Fluid

/ Power Steering Fluid #1  

shibaura_4043

Silver Member
Tractor
Zetor 4341 Cab, Shibaura 4043
Hello, I have a Shibaura 4043 with an external PSP, I have a small leak at the steering column. I was wondering what type of fluid does it take? Thanks

/ Power Steering Fluid
I guess no one knows?? Is it hydraulic fluid???

/ Power Steering Fluid #3  
Shibaura_4043:
The grey market forum doesn't get the traffic some of the others do, I noticed you're a new member so you may not know that. I have a grey Kubota & have waited a week or more for replies (help) but be patient, somebody will have an answer. Sorry, I have no idea on your question, couldn't you use automotive PS fluid? Good Luck.

/ Power Steering Fluid #4  
The minute I posted that I noticed the Shibaura forum. I would jump over there and re-post your question. Lens12 is a frequent contributor to these forums, he's posted on that forum recently, you could always PM him, he would know for sure.

/ Power Steering Fluid #5  
in almost all cases I'd use a utf fluid that met multiple specs.

hyd fluid would likely work.. so would any 10-30w oil or atf fluid. heck.. even power steering fluid would probably be fine ;)

utf in doubt, is what I'd use.

/ Power Steering Fluid
Shibaura_4043:
The grey market forum doesn't get the traffic some of the others do, I noticed you're a new member so you may not know that. I have a grey Kubota & have waited a week or more for replies (help) but be patient, somebody will have an answer. Sorry, I have no idea on your question, couldn't you use automotive PS fluid? Good Luck.

thanks, good to know. the fluid its leaking appears to be old looking motor oil, i guess i could give that a shot

/ Power Steering Fluid
in almost all cases I'd use a utf fluid that met multiple specs.

hyd fluid would likely work.. so would any 10-30w oil or atf fluid. heck.. even power steering fluid would probably be fine ;)

utf in doubt, is what I'd use.

thanks for the reply, I may flush old lubricant and fill the system utf

/ Power Steering Fluid #8  
can't go wrong with a flush and refill vs a top off.