Shibaura D23F-Urgent, need info

/ Shibaura D23F-Urgent, need info #1  

Anonymous Poster

I'm hoping you guys can help me out. Per my earlier post, I was planning to take delivery of a Hinomoto N249, but, after 3 weeks, I am still being delayed with parts availability problems form the dealer, yet he won't tell me what the part is. I'm planning on going elsewhere, and am looking at the Shibaura D23F here:

AB Tractor

What can anyone tell me about this tractor? I'm assuming 23PTO hp, around 27 engine, but know nothing else. Any idea on the year, weight, parts availability?

Thanks in advance, I probably will be getting this over the weekend.

Bri

/ Shibaura D23F-Urgent, need info
I need to avoid posting at 5:00 AM, after a 16 hour workday. The above post came across far more negative than I intended. As to the issue with Tractor Outlet, it's been 3 weeks since we agreed on the sale, and only 2 weeks since the scheduled delivery, which was when the bad part was found. I realize that delays are most likely due to the distributer rather that with Tractor Outlet. Latest was that the parts should be in Tuesday. And, according to Bob, the part was a "needle valve" and "return spring" in the lift arm control. I would have expected this valve to be a spool, rather than needle valve, wasn't sure I was getting a strainght story, and was having trouble getting through by phone. None of this detracts on the quality of the product.

From what I've seen, Bob, and specifically his mechanic, seem to do a very complete job going through his tractors, this machine (the Hino 249) looks to me to be in very good condition. I think someone's going to get a nice rig here.

Because of my need for a rig in the near term, I've elected to go ahead with the Shibaura from ABTractors, Jim also seems to be a straight shooter. I'm not quite sure a D23F is quite 30hp though, from what I've seen I'd expect 27 or so at the engine.

I'd like to take this oportunity to apologize for what came across as a negative attitude in the above post.

Bri

/ Shibaura D23F-Urgent, need info #3  
You're right on with 27hp. The N249 is about 28.

Eugene

/ Shibaura D23F-Urgent, need info #4  
The D23F is 23 at the PTO and 26.8 flywheel according to the books. It is a mid 80's machine and we have had no problems with the ones that have gone through here over the years. The electronic 3 point might need to be rewired but I have a schematic if you need it. Parts are not as easy to come by as some models but we have ways around that. If you need help feel free to call, Shibaura's are our specialty. Enjoy your beast.

Buck

Thanks for the info Buck. I got the beast yesterday afternoon, been giving it a pretty good workout. Had to pick up a new top link to properly adjust the box grader. Everything seems to work fine, and looks to be in good shape. About 1100 hours. I was told it was an early 90's model though, guess I can't have everything.

The "computer" 3pt control works at least in manual mode, I'll probably yank it and replace with toggle switches, mostly to move the joystick to a more handy location.

So far, pretty happy. Gotta go move some more dirt around.
/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Bri

/ Shibaura D23F-Urgent, need info #6  
<font color="blue"> I was told it was an early 90's model though, guess I can't have everything.

</font>

My book shows that they were built in 85,86,87 but my book stops at 87 so they could have been built past that year.

OK, I have another question for you guys. There is a green indicator light on the right side of the dash, that flashes whenever the tractor is running. Any idea what this is for?

Thanks.

Bri

/ Shibaura D23F-Urgent, need info #8  
The light is part of the electric 3 point. I had a Hinomoto that did that. If I ran the adjustment knobs back and forth it would stop. I pulled the bulb before I sold it so as not to confuse the new owner.

/ Shibaura D23F-Urgent, need info #9  
DONOTDELETE said:
I need to avoid posting at 5:00 AM, after a 16 hour workday. The above post came across far more negative than I intended. As to the issue with Tractor Outlet, it's been 3 weeks since we agreed on the sale, and only 2 weeks since the scheduled delivery, which was when the bad part was found. I realize that delays are most likely due to the distributer rather that with Tractor Outlet. Latest was that the parts should be in Tuesday. And, according to Bob, the part was a "needle valve" and "return spring" in the lift arm control. I would have expected this valve to be a spool, rather than needle valve, wasn't sure I was getting a strainght story, and was having trouble getting through by phone. None of this detracts on the quality of the product.

From what I've seen, Bob, and specifically his mechanic, seem to do a very complete job going through his tractors, this machine (the Hino 249) looks to me to be in very good condition. I think someone's going to get a nice rig here.

Because of my need for a rig in the near term, I've elected to go ahead with the Shibaura from ABTractors, Jim also seems to be a straight shooter. I'm not quite sure a D23F is quite 30hp though, from what I've seen I'd expect 27 or so at the engine.

I'd like to take this oportunity to apologize for what came across as a negative attitude in the above post.

Bri
Howdy,
If you need parts or a good quality tractor go to Holmes Tractor and Supply Homepage I've found good service with them and they can get any parts you need for grey market tractors.

/ Shibaura D23F-Urgent, need info #10  
The D23F is 23 at the PTO and 26.8 flywheel according to the books. It is a mid 80's machine and we have had no problems with the ones that have gone through here over the years. The electronic 3 point might need to be rewired but I have a schematic if you need it. Parts are not as easy to come by as some models but we have ways around that. If you need help feel free to call, Shibaura's are our specialty. Enjoy your beast.

Buck

Buck

Can you help me out. I have a D23F in very good condition with under 700 genuine hours. The lift arms will not lift correctly using the electric over hydraulic switch. They lift so far then judder. Cannot get them to lift by manually pressing the solenoid. Can lower the arms by manually pressing lowering solenoid. How do we remove all the electronic box stuff and leave only lift and lower and lift arm hydraulic cylinder adjustment? Do you still have a schematic for this tractor.