New E14 owner who didnt do his homework...

/ New E14 owner who didnt do his homework... #1  

Sam in TN

Picked up a Hinomoto E14 the other day thinking since it was made for MF parts wouldn't be a problem. Guess I was wrong on both counts as parts are scarce and I found out this was not the model made for MF. Still a great running little tractor and I am satisfied with the purchase so far. Has 690 hours, good sheet metal, no leaks or excessive smoke, and I only paid $1500 for it and a 4' blade and bushhog. Only complaint so far is it is very hard to start when cold. Gonna pull the glowplugs and make sure they are both working.

I have been looking for a manual for this tractor but have had no luck, so figured I would ask a couple questions here and see if anyone could answer them.

1 What is the foot operated lever on the back right side of tractor? Posted 2 pictures of it. Im thinking diff lock maybe?
2 In the picture of the dash what does the black swithch on the left do? It appears to be a 3 position switch, off and headlights im guessing, not sure of other position. The right black switch appears to work the rear amber turn signal flashers.
3 Does anyone have a wiring diagram they could post or link to?
4 Anyone know where to get replacement key, or possibly replacement ignition switch? Key doesnt fit but will work it if you jiggle it. I dont jiggle it right and keep bending it. May just replace with master toggle switch and 2 pushbuttons for starter and glowplugs.

Thats all for now, but im sure I will have more. :confused3:

Resize of IMG_3142.jpgResize of IMG_3143.jpgResize of IMG_3144.jpgResize of IMG_3145.jpg

/ New E14 owner who didnt do his homework... #3  
1. differential lock
I can supply the closest manual & a parts book I have an E series repair manual. May have a wiring diagram I may also have a key or a replacement switch.

/ New E14 owner who didnt do his homework... #4  
2 In the picture of the dash what does the black swithch on the left do? It appears to be a 3 position switch, off and headlights im guessing, not sure of other position. The right black switch appears to work the rear amber turn signal flashers.
Generally on US market tractors, that would be Off, Road Lights and Field Lights (Field Lights add rear flood lights and sometimes add front floods that wouldn't be needed on the road).

Aaron Z

/ New E14 owner who didnt do his homework... #5  
I found one of these on Hino's on CL here in Houston. Looking at it to replace a tractor that was stolen so we can keep the lots mowed. Is this the 2Cylinder engine or the 3Cylinder?

/ New E14 owner who didnt do his homework... #6  
2 cylinder