Hinomoto E2304 running not ok

/ Hinomoto E2304 running not ok #1  

scons

Bronze Member
Tractor
NH Boomer 50
Hi all,

Our Hinimoto E2304 ran fine for several years. Recently I noticed that when I was mowing it tended to die, so I had to give an extra swing on the gas throttle to keep it running. I decided to check some maintenance points myself.

I let the old oil out, changed the oil filter, looked at the fuel filter, it looked very contaminated. I screwed the bulb of and saw immediately that there was a serious amount of dirt on top of it. I threw away the old filter and got a new one. I reassembled everything, bled the fuel lines and it started again.

At this point I was very happy because I'm no mechanic at all. But that happiness turned into a little frustration when I noticed that there was a strange noise hearable through the exhaust (sort like the really old tractors, kinda "hollow") and that it still has the intention to die when running idle. It seems like there is also some loss in power.

You can now hear the pistons through the exhaust pipe, that wasn't noticeable before. I first thought that there was something wrong with the air intake. I took the air filter out and blew it clean, I also blew the radiator clean. No progress.

I checked if all cilinders were running by turning the fuel lines a little loose. The tractor was dieing when the screws were turned loose, little diesel came out so I think all 3 cilinders are working.

Here is a sound fragment of the tractor running.

View attachment 391180

Can anybody tell me what is wrong ?

Maybe it would be an idea to clean out the hose that runs to the fuel filter, does anyone knows if there is a closing valve at the bottom of the fuel tank ? I can not seem to find one on my tractor.

Greetings

/ Hinomoto E2304 running not ok
Someone I talked to about this problem told me it could be that the timing of the cilinder valves is a little off.

Since I don't have any knowledge or equiptment for adjusting these settings I decided to take it to a repair shop.

/ Hinomoto E2304 running not ok #3  
When it is fixed, post an update to let us know what the problem was.

Since their is not much info about these little beasts, here are some pics of the original info decals, might help somebody who has unreadable decals ...

hinomoto_e2304_1.jpg

hinomoto_e2304_2.jpg

hinomoto_e2304_3.jpg

update: I took the injectors out and took them to a shop to test them, they said they were bad, only dripping, no spray. So they would look for a replacement set. After 4 weeks and 700$ less in my pocket I got the new injectors back, put them in ... still the same result. Still black smoke, no good engine sound and loss of power. Bummer.

So the only thing I can think of now is a blown headgasket. I will be looking for a new one now.

To be continued...

Update: I said goodbye to the hinomoto. The bad sound was from a bad exhaust fitting, guess after his years of duty it is not strange to get some wear out here and there. It just took me a while to get down to the problem.

/ Hinomoto E2304 running not ok #7  
Thanks for the update :thumbsup: