E2004 hino broke bell housing

/ E2004 hino broke bell housing #1  

tims_toy

I purchased a E2004 hono with 407 hours on it. It also has a hino tiller 54 in. and a koyker in loader that is new. I put 17 hours on it tilling and moving some dirt . I busted the bell housing /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gifmoving the dirt. Where can I get another houing? When i fix it I think i need to put some support from the bottom of the endloader to the rear axle. Does this sound like it would take care of the problem or just get a heavier duty tractor? Thanks for any info.

/ E2004 hino broke bell housing #2  
I personally know of someone with a Hinomoto 2304 with a Koyker loader and they broke the bell housing of their tractor. I love the Hinomotos but I don't think they are durable enough for HEAVY loader work. I broke a gear in the front axle of one with a loader and know of two others that broke front axle gears. Regular scooping is OK but if you get agressive with them, something is going to give.

/ E2004 hino broke bell housing
Did the fellow with the 2304 find another bell housing or did he have it welded up? I checked several plces for a bell housing. Some people said that a massey ferguson 1010 is the same tractor. I talked to a mf dealer and he did'nt know, but bring your part in and we could try to match it up. So I will take it to him on 4-21-04.

/ E2004 hino broke bell housing #4  
The E2004 I believe is the 1020 Massey clone. The 1010 and the C144 Hinomoto are the same. The 1010 is a tiny tractor. You could say it was the original sub compact. The guy I know had his bell housing tig welded. If I remember correctly that is a cast aluminum bell housing which explains why it would be prone to breakage. WHen you get a price for the Massey bell housing, carry a plastic bucket with you to puke in because the price will probably make you sick. Sorry to be so graphic but the Hino built Massey parts can be very pricey. Hinomoto is out of business and I think that fact is reflected in their prices. I have seen some parts reasonably and then some that were disproportionately high. The Hinomotos XX04 models are one of my favorites and will serve you well but if I were you I would build a subframe from the bell housing to the rear if you want to use the loader aggresively. Good luck.

/ E2004 hino broke bell housing
Well the massey tractors 1010 and1020 that we found had cracked housing just like my hino. I think I'll tig weld the housing and try it again with more support from the end loader to the rest of the tractor. Do you think that other parts are going to be hard to get later? If so ,I have been looking at branson and kioti tractors to maybe purchase. I can get a kioti 30hp, tiller, loader, finish mower and box blade for just a little less than 17,000.00 . The branson 28hp is 1,000.00 more. All of this is a little rich for my blood, for just playing around. Well thanks for the info. Tim Enyart

/ E2004 hino broke bell housing #6  
I cracked a bell housing on a 5020 Allis which was made by hinimoto (model E280). The crack was about a foot long.

I cleaned the channel out removing all contaminants and heliarc welded it in place and mounted. That was five years ago, the loader hasn't bothered it at all.

Leaving it in place prevents warping from the weld.