Finding tractor work

/ Finding tractor work #1  

bustter4

Tractor
1965 Massey Ferguson 135
Hey y'all just wondering how many of y'all do tractor work on the side? I have a Massey Ferguson 135 and I was thinking about doing some work on the side. I have a plow a disk and a bush hog. Was wondering how much work I could get with those implements. Any advice or experiences would be useful
Thanks

/ Finding tractor work #2  
Put an ad on your local craigslist in the farm & garden section stating what you have and your rates. You may get surprised different seasons of the year!

/ Finding tractor work
Generally what do y'all charge

/ Finding tractor work #4  
I usually charge $60 an hour.

/ Finding tractor work
Do you stay busy enough to make it with while?

/ Finding tractor work #6  
I try not to do any side work when I get off work, I'd rather spend time with my family but when I do I charge $60 an hour. You can't get the time back spent with family. A man once told me "when your kids are small your to busy to spend time with them and when their grown, their to busy to spend time with you." <---That is the truth and I'd rather spend time with them and the wife.

/ Finding tractor work #7  
There's lots of threads on here on this subject. One common piece of advice: get insurance. $H!T happens. It's easy to make a few hundred bucks bush hogging. If you accidentally back through a fence, plow through a phone line, run over someone's dog, that few hundred bucks will be gone, and lots more of your money too.

$60/hr sounds pretty appealing, but don't forget your costs insurance, fuel, travel time, maintenance on the machine and implements all add up quickly.

/ Finding tractor work #8  
Put small flyers up at your local general store etc.,fair price and word of the mouth you maybe turning jobs away before you know it.

/ Finding tractor work
You think you could make enough to make a living at it?