/ shibaura d28f reliability and parts #1  

4drays

I bought a shibaura d28f four wheel drive tractor, which I believe
is equivalent to the ford 1920. I read a comment on a forum
from a guy who said that he was a mechanical engineer and that
the shibaura front wheel drive was poorly designed and prone to
breakage. I havent had any problems with mine in the year ive
owned it. Anyone know if this is true and what the parts avalability
is for this model? Also, I would like to replace the electronic lift controls with toggle switches if anyone has a diagram.THANkSl

/ shibaura d28f reliability and parts #2  
I have a shibaura SP1540 I use a a toggle switch on mine. there are two grounds and two hot wires that the power goes to. you have to have a wire with power in the middle of the toggle switch and the other two wires one on each side. the wire will have red dashes on them and the ground will have black dashes. you will find the electricity over hydraulic switch under the seat it sould have 4 wires coming out of it if you don't understand this let me know

/ shibaura d28f reliability and parts #3  
Hi 4drays;

I have a D23F that I bought a bit over a year ago. The only issue I have had with it has been very minor, a plugged suction strainger on the hydraulic intake, other than that its been rock solid.

Getting rid of the hydraulic "computer" wasn't too hard, I wired mine with 3 toggle switches, paralleled both a momentary contact and a maintained contact switch for the raise/lower of the 3-point and a momentary contact for the tilt. You have to pull some of the sheet metal around the seat to find the solenoids and run wires, but it's not a bad job, took a couple of hours at worst. I ordered switches and a electrical enclosure from McMaster-Carr, it's mounted on the fender, really easy to get at. The biggest headache is cleaning up the rats nest of sensor wires from the pots and lvdts that went to the computer.

One tip if you want to get fancy (i didn't)-wire up a second set of switches that you can get at from the back of the tractor, would make hooking up and removing implements that much easier.

I'll take a pic and post tomorrow.

Bri

/ shibaura d28f reliability and parts #4  
I had a Hinomoto N189 that had the second set on the rear fender from the factory. It did make hooking up the 3 point nice.

/ shibaura d28f reliability and parts
THANKS guys

/ shibaura d28f reliability and parts #6  
THANKS guys

I have a D23F. Currently the front wheel drive will not work. I have 3 bad gears. Engagement gear. Front drive gear and the in between gear. Does anyone know where to get these gears.

/ shibaura d28f reliability and parts #7  
I also have a D28F and I give mine a hard time using the 4x4 & for a little tractor it is as tough as. The only problem I have had in over 3 years is the previous owner cut off the electrical feed back unit on the 3 point linkage & I can't find where it used to be connected. This means that the 3 point linkage droops all the time. Any ideas?

/ shibaura d28f reliability and parts #8  
I would contact Western Kentucky Tractor parts to see if the have a manual and the parts.