Yanmar vs Shibaura?

/ Yanmar vs Shibaura? #1  

DoubleE

Hi, I'm looking for my first tractor.
Busted Back Ranch in WA has a Yanmar 2000f and a Shibaura P21f for exactly the same price- $5990.
I liked the Shibaura a little more when I drove them....(power steering, better designed gear shift, physically a little bigger) but from what I'm reading, the Yanmar will be easier to get parts for down the road. I'm a novice, so I don't really know which is the better tractor. Anyone have some pros and cons of these two models?

/ Yanmar vs Shibaura? #2  
I think you meant Yanmar YM200D instead of "f". That is an incredibly HIGH price for that Yanmar.

/ Yanmar vs Shibaura?
I meant a YM2000D, 4x4 3 cyl. (24 horse?)
You think that $6k is a high price?
It is actually $1700 less than what another local guy has listed on his site for a Vietnam reconditioned same model.
Am I being fleeced?
Thanks

/ Yanmar vs Shibaura? #4  
The YM2000D only came with a 2 cylinder engine. So unless they have modified the tractor and installed a 3 cylinder that is incorrect. The tractor could have the wrong hood or decals on it. Look at the picture I have attached of a YM2000, is it the same tractor minus the 4WD? But yes $6000 is high for that model tractor. If you were down here in Alabama I would sell you one for $4500. The Shibaura P21F is a much later model tractor than the YM2000D so it surprises me that they are sell them at the same price.

Attachments

• 470570-2000.jpg
    470570-2000.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 1,254
   / Yanmar vs Shibaura? #5  
How about YMG2000D. That would be a 3 cyl. But still a $4500 tractor.

/ Yanmar vs Shibaura? #6  
Are these prices for the tractor alone, or with a loader? You might try here for another quote. The owner frequents this board from time to time.

/ Yanmar vs Shibaura?
Sorry....the prices I've quoted are with a loader. I forgot to mention that, since all the ones I've looked at have come with loaders. Seems to be the SOP for people selling them in WA.

/ Yanmar vs Shibaura? #8  
OK then if they have a loader that would be more in line and if it is a name brand loader such as a Koyker, Allied, or Kelley then it is a really good price.

/ Yanmar vs Shibaura? #9  
Brent- Prices here in the NW tend to run higher than down South. They are higher yet in California.

/ Yanmar vs Shibaura? #10  
I would say a bit high on price for just the tractor. If it includes a loader or some accessories then maybe. As noted check the specs of the engine, 2cyl or 3cyl. It suppose to have a 2.