Yanmar or Mitsubishi...???

/ Yanmar or Mitsubishi...??? #1  

snakebitten

Tractor
JD 5525
I am looking to purchase a Yanmar YM2000 or Mitsu D2000 real soon and need some help deciding which one to buy. Which one would you buy between the two? Why? Thanks for all comments! Len /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Yanmar or Mitsubishi...??? #2  
I own a yanmar & love it . I think there are more parts out there for yanmars than mitsubishis. Whatever you buy check out the dealer real good . There are dealers out there that will give you a warranty & when sonething happens, they won't stand behind it . Get references people the dealer has sold to & talk to them.Just read jim's post in owning /operating section & you will see why this is important . where are you located? there are several dealers on the yanmar fourm.

/ Yanmar or Mitsubishi...??? #3  
Your location means a lot. Out in the Northwest EFC is the man. He prefers the Mitsubishi and Shibaura. The Midwest is more partial to Yanmar. It's almost like saying Ford or Chevy.

/ Yanmar or Mitsubishi...??? #4  
I've owned a Mitsu. for several yrs.now,and can't say enough good about it.Either way I would go with the 3 cyl.much smother ,quiter and they crank better in cold weather. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Yanmar or Mitsubishi...???
Thanks for all the replies! I am located near Houston, Texas.

/ Yanmar or Mitsubishi...??? #6  
Well, I ended up with a YM2000, but mostly made the decision on the condition of the individual tractor rather than just brand name. It has been a real sweetheart. Simple, stout, and straighforward without any bad habits (the purposeful sounding twin cylinder throb is something i've grown to like too). I tried a Mitsubishi for a while, and it seemed just fine. Look for a reputable dealer, and I doubt you'd go wrong with either.

/ Yanmar or Mitsubishi...??? #7  
I've been told that Yanmar has a no competition clause with the companies it makes tractors for. They refuse to sell parts to the US dealers. Than means any part you get is used. I hope that ain't true.

/ Yanmar or Mitsubishi...??? #8  
Parts? The Yanmars sold here 20 years ago when Yanmar had US dealers, are still supported by Yanmar-USA which continues to be an active business but is now selling construction equipment and marine engines. I've received parts in under a week. But Yanmar-USA won't provide parts for a model that was never sold by them in the US.

Yanmar sold so many units worldwide that there is a strong independent third-party support system. This makes them like old Mustangs, VW's Jeeps, American tractors, etc. -well supported now and likely to be supported for years to come. Take a look Here.

The buyer needs to research that the tractor he is considering is one of the many models that has good parts support. This is because in the Yanmar forum we have occasionally read of overseas firms that have sent over 'new, rebuilt' tractors that look new but may be extremely old, or possibly not even a genuine Yanmar. That's when we hear from a frustrated new owner. (And those 'rebuilders' don't limit their efforts to just Yanmar.)

A popular model of Yanmar with a warranty from an experienced and reputable dealer shouldn't be hard to find parts for.

/ Yanmar or Mitsubishi...??? #9  
Snakebitten,
On a YM2000 versus a D2000 I would go with the Yanmar. The D2000 feels a little cramped in comparision, especially if you are a bigger guy like I am. Both will do the same job and have good parts availability.
Best Regards!
Bob