Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Enough

Default Re: Shibaura SD 1843

Jim, Shibaura did not remanufacture your tractor or even approve of it being remanufactured; if they had it would have lasted for thousands of hours. Stop blaming a very reputable brand for your problem. Shibaura has no ties whatsoever to these Vietnam rebuilders/cons and to blame Shibaura is just plain wrong!!! The SD2200D is one of the strongest models I have ever sold. They are VERY reliable. What you seem to want to ignore is that it didnít break after 27 hours it probably had 4000 hours before it broke the first time and was turned in to be scraped. It was rebuilt with JUNK parts not Shibaura parts. Why is this so hard to understand? I am 100% behind you going after your dealer but you keep blaming Shibaura and you are on your own because it is WRONG!!

Tractor
    Shibaura SD2200 4X4

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Jim, Shibaura did not remanufacture your tractor or even approve of it being remanufactured; if they had it would have lasted for thousands of hours. Stop blaming a very reputable brand for your problem. Shibaura has no ties whatsoever to these Vietnam rebuilders/cons and to blame Shibaura is just plain wrong!!! The SD2200D is one of the strongest models I have ever sold. They are VERY reliable. What you seem to want to ignore is that it didnít break after 27 hours it probably had 4000 hours before it broke the first time and was turned in to be scraped. It was rebuilt with JUNK parts not Shibaura parts. Why is this so hard to understand? I am 100% behind you going after your dealer but you keep blaming Shibaura and you are on your own because it is WRONG!! )</font>

Ok... so Shibaura doesn't make parts for their old tractors now, That's normal as well just like automotive parts for automobiles are not available.

However... many car manufactures went out of business for making bad quality cars. Let's see... was it the Studebaker... Edsel... Rambler... several companies will continue to go out of business if they use poor quality metal and parts.

But the Question Here on this Topic was about a Refurbished Shibaura. I am stating to stay away from refurbished Shibaura's just like you. </font><font color="blue" class="small">( It was rebuilt with JUNK parts not Shibaura parts. )</font>

Shibaura may be a Very Reputable Company EFC.... I just have had a bad experience with a Refurbished Shibaura and that was the Topic on this thread. I understand your remarks on New Shibaura's. Maybe I would consider a New Shibaura... [b] BUT Definately not a refurbished one like the question asked on this thread.

Jim

[b]Thank you for all your help in trying to locate a part for my Refurbished Shibaura. I wish you well and very much success in selling NEW Shibaura's.

Jim

Tractor
    Shibaura SD2200 4X4

Here is a link to my nightmares.

Refurbished Nightmares.... Repeat Re-Furbished Nightmares

Jim

Tractor
    Yanmars = Fx235- F255- FX335... branson 4220i tlb - hinomoto JF1 New Holland 7610 Branson 3510 tlb

Buck no matter what ,you are not going to convince Jim. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
    Just let him ramble on, and let his attorney handle it.
    You could easily be painted with the same brush as the rotten dealer if this drags on, ask Wayne !
    This is the reason smart dealers dont go near any vietnam rebuilt junk tractors. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Just let it gooooo....

Tractor
    Shibaura SD2200 4X4

Let me make it clear that EFC and Tractor Ernie are NOT the dealers. These gentlemen have tried to help me find a part for my tractor.

I get what they are saying about Shibaura.

Question... Do either you Tractor Ernie of EFC sell Refurbished Shibaura's?

If so... what do you do to guarantee that your customers don't have the same problem with you that I have with my dealer?

I thought I had cleared this up. Guess not.

As far as I know... neither of these guys are affiliated in any way with the Bad Dealer I have had to endure.

I apologize to you both here at TBN and to anyone I may have offended. Have a Great Day.

Jim

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    yanmar

Just STOP already.

Tractor
    Deere 4310, Kubota L355, John Deere SST18 Spin Steer, 2006 Polaris Ranger

I guess I am a glutten for punishment so I will jump in on this.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( By the way... Re-Furbished is suppose to be put back like new I think. So even if 35 years old... my tractor should have been back like new or as close as it could. )</font>

Refurbishment doesn't mean squat. There are no federal guidelines that mandate what has to be done to a tractor to call it refurbished. Like you, I would expect a like new machine when someone claims it is refurbished. We are all accustomed to seeing "Factory reconditioned" attached to say a Dewalt tool like I see at some of these outlet places. Naturally we assume that Dewalt did the work. These guys in Vietnam are claiming that their tractors are factory reconditioned. People are assuming that the factory is the manufacturer's factory not a shop someone calls a factory. Like Buck said, you tractor didn't have 27 hours on, it may have had a few thousand. Without tearing the tractor down before purchase, you have no way to know the condition of the tractor. Shibaura's are good tractors, ask Ford or now New Holland. They still supply New Holland with their compact engines. If this was typical of their quality, Ford would have dropped them long ago.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Ym1300d-1401D-1601D , 1610D & Massey Ferguson 1020

Jim,

I don't think you understand what everyone has said.

Almost all the dealers that I know import GOOD, low hour, used tractors from Japan. All the tractors are inspected, minor mechanical problems are addressed and preventative maintenance is performed...including belts, hoses, batteries, all fluids and tires if they are weather checked badly or substantially worn. They also stay within a range of popular models in various sizes that offer the best parts support.

Because it is used, most offer a very limited or no warranty. And if any freak mechanical failure happened within a reasonable amount of time, that was not the new owners fault, is usually repaired or the unit replaced.....Almost, if not all the dealers here WILL do that. It seldom happens.

Regarding rebuilt or reconditioned tractors that come from anywhere else, NOT Japan, I can't think of any better example than EFC's (Buck's) analogy of the salvaged Mercedes Benz.

I hate to see you alienate yourself by the very people offering their help, and you not being able to distinguish the two separate and completely different processes.

Mark

Tractor
    Shibaura SD2200 4X4

I understand and I apologized already. I will apologize again.

I am sorry if I upset you guys. I never said anything against the dealers here. I guess I didn't make myself clear. I was only stating how I was done on my Shibaura. If I made it generalized and offended the dealers here. I apologize here in public.

I will not say anything else. Seems like everyone is upset. What more can I do. I apologized to everyone here.

Jim

Tractor
    Shibaura SD2200 4X4

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Just STOP already. )</font>

Agreed!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast