Iseki starter question

/ Iseki starter question #1  

jaybirdt

Bronze Member
Tractor
Iseki 1910f
Thought I would try this one on the grey market fourm as the Iseki fourm seems to have bought the farm. I have a TS1910 that when you engage the starter it makes sort of a low pitch squeeling sound.When the tractor starts it sounds like it is still engaged for a second or two.I had the starter off a fiew weeks ago and disassembled it and found nothing obvious wrong.I was wondering if anyone had any ideas? It has a clutch on the pinion gear assy, wondering if it is actually slipping and the starter is over running the pinion gear and flywheel. Thanks in advance Jason

/ Iseki starter question #2  
I would have it rebuilt. It may only need bearings. Windings & armature are very expensive for this model, if you can find them.

/ Iseki starter question #3  
I don't have answers to what the problem is, but I can tell you from experience that a new or rebuilt starter won't be cheap.

I had the starter for my Iseki TX1500 rebuilt a few months ago at a local motor shop, though, and the charge for rebuild was reasonable. Mine has a mitsubishi engine in it, and the guy at the motor shop said that the starter motor rebuild parts were all stock parts that he had on the shelf. My motor went through a complete rebuild too. None of this change the brushes and clean everything else up to look pretty.

Unless you've had a lot of experience rebuilding motors, I would take it to a shop and have it rebuilt. I believe that your tractor has an Isuzu engine in it, so you may be in a whole different ball park.

Just my 2 cents.

/ Iseki starter question #4  
your starter may need shims. I had an old Willys Jeep that the starter could not completly disengage because it need a shim. Put one in and no more trouble. Something to think about anyway.
Good Luck..:confused: