New to the club - Hinomoto e264

/ New to the club - Hinomoto e264 #1  

qualityhardware

Just picked up a Hinomoto e264 (31hp, 3cyl diesel, 4x4) from a guy up the street from me. Great rig. has literally 2.5 hours on it.

It has been sitting out in the sun, unused, for over a year, so there are some things I need to fix on it electrical and exterior.

Does anyone know if the e264 has any brethren in Massey Ferguson and / or Allis Chalmers models?

Know where I can get parts like headlights, turn signals, horn button / switch, temp sending unit and glow plugs?

Many thanks.

/ New to the club - Hinomoto e264 #2  
Great, I need all the Hinomoto buddies I can get. I also have a 264 that I installed power steering on. It has a factory loader. For external engine parts it crosses reasonably to a Massey 1035. The front axle is from a Massey 220-4. I'd get sending unit and glow plugs from NAPA Auto Parts. The headlight bulbs and horn button from a MF/AGCO dealer and I would get turn generic turn signals from Tractor Supply Co. By the way, it's impossible for it to have so few hours. They aren't exported from Japan until thy are at least 15-20 years old.

Eugene

/ New to the club - Hinomoto e264
Eugene,

Thanks for the info. Very helpful. I've got a Napa on the way home and a TSC a short stretch away in Monroe, NC. The Massey dealer will take a little while, but I'll find one.

After reading a bunch about the Gray Market, I surmised that the hour meter had been "revamped".

It's a great unit and runs really well. Glow plugs take forever to get hot though.

I'll try and post some pics of it later. I love the thing. Blast to drive. Got some attachments coming my way this weekend too. Rough cutter, hole digger, box blade, etc. I can't wait...

Scott

/ New to the club - Hinomoto e264 #4  
The plugs on mine have always been weak. I can't even get it started in the winter.

Eugene

/ New to the club - Hinomoto e264 #5  
Buppy,

I'm new to the forum and ran across this older thread while researching for my E-2304 (having some problems with it that I hope to fix with some ideas I found here). From this thread I gather your tractor came w/o power steering and you converted it to power steering? How'd you do it? That's one of my major gripes with mine, no power steering, and if I could convert it that would sure be sweet.

Thanks! :D

/ New to the club - Hinomoto e264 #6  
Welcome. It's as simple as buying a kit for another tractor and fabricating brackets to fit. I've seen kits on ebay for ford tractors go for about $400. I used a Yanmar kit. Cost: $1100.

Eugene

/ New to the club - Hinomoto e264 #7  
Do you have to replace the front end, or are these kits hydraulic cylinders that clamp on to the existing axle? I've seen something like that in 4 Wheel Drive magazines, but never up close and personal.

/ New to the club - Hinomoto e264 #8  
You can make the cylinders clamp on. You'll have to take one of the steering rods off and make a tie rod out of it.

Eugene

/ New to the club - Hinomoto e264 #9  
I put powersteering on my e264 a couple of months back and it works great. I purchased the cylinder from tractor power steering.com and fabricated the brackets my self. I also mounted an auxilary pump for the steering so that it wouldn't slow the loader down.
Jake

/ New to the club - Hinomoto e264 #10  
Sounds like the way to go-I sure getting tired of furnishing the power for the steering!:rolleyes: