Oil & Fuel Ran out of fuel Kubota L1501

/ Ran out of fuel Kubota L1501 #1  

Jamucat

Tractor
L-1501 Kabota Bobcat 763
I did the stupid thing today by running out of diesel. I know I have to bleed the injectors but I thought some one would help me out. I have cracked the nut on top of both injectors and cranked quite a bit and seen air bubbles come out. How long should this take? I think I have cranked maybe 4 min. total. I don't crank more than about 15 sec. at a time so as to not burn out the starter. If I use the compression release is that a good idea. Seems like I don't see any bubbles when I do that. Any help would be appreciated.

Charles

/ Ran out of fuel Kubota L1501
Well mit is a game of Bleed Bleed bleed and then bleed some more. Don't let your diesel run dry.
Charles

/ Ran out of fuel Kubota L1501 #3  
Fill the tank completly full, open the bleeder screw and keep it open until diesel comes out. Then close it and start your tractor.

/ Ran out of fuel Kubota L1501 #4  
All said so for is correct. To reduce the "crank time"; insure each step of the fuel system is free of air. I start with the fuel filter. With out the engine cranking, crack the nut that allows for bleeding. Once she runs clear, with out bubbles, thighten. Now move to your injector pump. Loosen the bleeder and use the hand pump if you have one. once this runs clear, tighten. last step is to crack the lines at the injectors. This would be the fitting on top of the injector. A half turn each should be enough. have a friend/wife start cranking. As soon as a lines clears tighten. A 3 cyc engine will start on two cyc. Cranking should be a short time if all your lines are air free.

/ Ran out of fuel Kubota L1501 #5  
To add to all of this...your engine will still run pretty rough for the first few minutes after it actually starts. That's been my experience anyway.

Oh, and you might want to have a battery charger handy. It depends on how good you are at pre-bleeding the lines before you start cranking, but it may take a while.

/ Ran out of fuel Kubota L1501 #6  
There is no need to open/bleed the injectors. I don't know how many bleeders a kubota has, but a Yanmar has 3, 1 before, 1 after the filter, and 1 at the pump. bleed each in order leading from tank to pump until all air is purged, get on and start it up. If no start, repeat the process. The pump, if properly bled will purge the injectors. Who cares if any air blows out through the exhaust or sprays all over the place from an open injector.

/ Ran out of fuel Kubota L1501 #7  
My instructions are for general applications. Not brand perticular. I like to have the lines completely free of air before I get to serious cranking.

It's the "if no start, repeat the process" I try to avoid. The most common mistake folks make is not bleeding the lines completely. Then it's off to the batery charger and try later. Some will crank until the starter is killed.

/ Ran out of fuel Kubota L1501
Thanks to all! I have now found the bleeders at the filter and the pump and will CHECK fuel tasnk opften,
Charles