Tell me about Hinomoto tractors

/ Tell me about Hinomoto tractors #11  
That's good to know.
Thanks Brent!

BTI

/ Tell me about Hinomoto tractors #12  
dbear said:
I heard or read someplace that Hinomoto was bought out by Kubota some years ago. To me, that speaks volumes! If Kubota had that much respect for them, they must be good!

I have heard that also, and I have also heard the Hinomoto was bought out by Kumatsu. I have never seen anything to back up these theories. The 3rd and most often story I have heard was they they went out of business due to mismanagement.

/ Tell me about Hinomoto tractors #13  
Tractors4u said:
I have heard that also, and I have also heard the Hinomoto was bought out by Kumatsu. I have never seen anything to back up these theories. The 3rd and most often story I have heard was they they went out of business due to mismanagement.

In any case they are out of production and to my knowledge no one has picked up the parts line. There are nowhere near enough of them sold here to interest anyone in investing in making parts (as has happened with Yanmar because of the volume of tractors), and eventually (much more eventually than with a Yanmar) they will all become expensive lawn ornaments.

/ Tell me about Hinomoto tractors #14  
I've also heard that they were bought out by Hitachi. Reggie Ferguson's website claims they're still making tractors. Regardless, I love my lawn ornaments.

Eugene

/ Tell me about Hinomoto tractors #15  
Eugene, without a doubt they are good tractors. I mean in no way to demean the quality. And some folks like you have been very resourceful at finding parts. But unless something changes, 10 years from now there will be a lot more Hinomotos parked for lack of parts than Yanmars for the same reason.

I remember well my first E14. I was super impressed with how it pulled. Used it for probably a year before I sold it, doing way more than a tractor it's size should have done.

/ Tell me about Hinomoto tractors #16  
I agree and mine will probably be one of them. But I expect in 10 years I'll be too old to play around with them anyway. Last winter I was trying to switvh to Yanmar. Looked for an F or FX24D. Couldn't find one and then the N239 came up on ebay. The rest is history and now I'm back into Hinomotos hot and heavy. I've got an E2604 and an E2804 coming from Japan with a delivery date of 10/28.

Eugene

PS Wayne, it's a funny thing. "Lawn Ornaments" is what my wife has called my tractors from the start.

/ Tell me about Hinomoto tractors #17  
Just got a set of brake shoes back from NAPA for a Hinomoto E264. Total cost: $36. That included UPS charges both ways.

Eugene

BTI said:
I just had a customer come in with a MF 1020 (Hinomoto), wanting to trade.
He said he had gotten all the parts he needed to do anything he wanted to it.
He had just went clear through it and paint etc.
I told him I wasn't real interested in it as a trade.
I like to be able to support even the used stuff I sell.
He mentioned that he just put new brakes on it and they were 400 a side!!
Don't know if the local Massey dealer raped him or if that's just the regular price.
I agree they are nice tractors though.

BTI

/ Tell me about Hinomoto tractors #18  
buppy69 said:
I've owned Hinomotos now for going on 7 years. It was Brent that got me interested. They're tough tractors and I haven't needed anything that I couldn't get. I also have a very helpful MF dealer. Having said that, if parts concern you, you need to go with Yanmar. If you do go with Hinomoto, stay with the 3 cylinder models.

Eugene

Eugene, Hey this is Earl K. I went to wktp.com-had no luck finding where the part (throw out bearing) for my Hiomoto tractor was-you were my only reply so far if you have any more ideas let me know! Thanks for your time!

Earl K.

/ Tell me about Hinomoto tractors #19  
You can contact me for Hinomoto parts.

/ Tell me about Hinomoto tractors #20  
Earl

It's not on the website. You have to call or email and ask for it. I bought one last month from them. I had it in 4 days. It is the same part as for the E2304.

Eugene