kh191- grey market???

/ kh191- grey market??? #1  

kubota-kh191

Tractor
91 kubota kh191 excavator
hello to all. new here. just picked up a 91 kubota kh191 excavator. how can i tell if it's grey market? also does anyone have a link to downloads for manuals for this? owners, service and parts. i'm sure i'll have lots of ?? for the kubota forum once i get a bit more familar with it, but thought this was a good place to start. i have searched and read that grey market rigs could be an issue for getting parts and service for. just want to rule it out or factor it in. any feedback appreciated. - mike
kubota2.jpg

/ kh191- grey market??? #2  
Well, the obvious thing on my grey market Yanmar is that all the labels are in Japenese. They do make labels in English for them, too, though so it is possible someone could replace them. I'd call your local Kubota dealer and ask them. If it is, you will want to find out somehow if there is an equivalent one made for the US market and tell them that is what you have instead to get parts.

/ kh191- grey market??? #3  
You might want to ask your questions of a Canadian dealer since they dont have the gray-market issues we see in the US. Then (if necessary) you can approach your local Kubota dealer and ask for manuals etc for a similar US-authorized model. Whatever you do, don't tell him its a gray!

I asked my local Deere dealer if he could work on my Yanmar (US model) since he advertises he is an authorized Yanmar parts dealer. He said no problem for this model, but then he emphasized he would lose his parts franchise if Yanmar-USA ever heard of a gray market Yanmar on the premises.

I expect Kubota dealers are similar.

/ kh191- grey market??? #4  
According to Kubota's website the KH191 series in NOT grey market.

/ kh191- grey market???
thanks for the info guys. i did find a download for the parts manual which is a good start. i'll try to find a free download for wsm first, otherwise i'll just go to dealer. i usually find a link somewhere these days this sort of thing. i will research the info and go from there. thank you again;)
mike

/ kh191- grey market??? #7  
I am in Canada, Montreal area and know of about 3 KH191 excavators and am certain they are not GREY as I saw one at the Kubota dealer's lot. Almost bought it at the time.
Do suspect they are about 15 year old models.