Shibaura D23F Parts, Clutch, etc

/ Shibaura D23F Parts, Clutch, etc #1  

brianidaho

Silver Member
Hi all, I'm hoping some of our posters can help me with sources of parts for my Shibaura. Last summer I had the clutch "freeze" and finally got around to splitting the tractor. Once I started pulling her apart the cause got to be pretty apparant, about 2 cups of water drained out of the bellhousing area. Sure enough, clutch was rusted to the pressure plate. Not a real big deal, but unfortunately back when I first found it froze I stood on the brakes with the clutch pedal depressed trying to break it free, unfortunately I think this took off a tooth from the ring/pinion, I still need to tear into this. So anyway, is there anyone that carries or can get the following:
Clutch
Pressure Plate
Throwout bearing
Ring gear and pinion
Brake pads (while I'm at it)

Any help would be much appreciated.

I think I'm going to drill and tap a hole for a plug on the bottom of the bellhousing dust shield to make sure it doesn't fill up again, I really should have looked into this before.

Brian

/ Shibaura D23F Parts, Clutch, etc
Thanks! I'll give him a try if I don't find someone in the states, and that isn't looking really promising right now.

Bri

/ Shibaura D23F Parts, Clutch, etc #4  
I have a parts book for your tractor & can supply parts for your tractor.

Lens can get me the clutch and brake parts, but no go on the ring and pinion (they are toast, tore into her more over the weekend). Does anyone have any possible sources of supply?

Kays, I just sent an email to Bryan as well, we'll see what comes through.

Thanks. Right now I have a bunch of expensive scrap metal in my garage...

Brian

/ Shibaura D23F Parts, Clutch, etc #6  
A Google search turns up a sizeable list of sites that claim to have new and used Shibaura parts. Can we assume you have tried all of those?

/ Shibaura D23F Parts, Clutch, etc #7  
Shibaura in Japan no longer supplies the ring/pinion set. It will have to used or NOS.

After having the tractor sitting in my shop in pieces for a year and a half, I'm going to break down and part it out, no luck finding parts. This is just one last request if anyone has any ideas.

Could be worse, I have the wife talked into a new Kubota.

Bri

/ Shibaura D23F Parts, Clutch, etc #9  
Was it the front ring and pinion or rear ring and pinion that was bad?

Dont tell me your going to Tumac.....

Buck

/ Shibaura D23F Parts, Clutch, etc #10  
If it is the front R&P, my thought would be to explore the possibility of replacing the entire front axle with another brand from one of the tractor bone yards.