Deutz-Allis KS 1.50 Rake question

/ Deutz-Allis KS 1.50 Rake question #11  
How expensive are these rakes where you live ?

We had a Vicon Acrobat wheel rake for years. Our neighbor bought a brand new Claas 320 rake, still has it, and never had any trouble with it in the past 15 years.

Because it was so good to our neighbor, 3 years ago we bought a 280 model, which is the same rotor, with shorter arms.
we payd 325 Euro for it, and replaced some bent rake arms with cold rolled angle iron, just like the original. If you can buy a rake that cheap, you shouldnt want to pay 800 for a parts wrecker... but that depends on market value in your area.

/ Deutz-Allis KS 1.50 Rake question
Renze said:
How expensive are these rakes where you live ?

We had a Vicon Acrobat wheel rake for years. Our neighbor bought a brand new Claas 320 rake, still has it, and never had any trouble with it in the past 15 years.

Because it was so good to our neighbor, 3 years ago we bought a 280 model, which is the same rotor, with shorter arms.
we payd 325 Euro for it, and replaced some bent rake arms with cold rolled angle iron, just like the original. If you can buy a rake that cheap, you shouldnt want to pay 800 for a parts wrecker... but that depends on market value in your area.
Renze- I think he said he paid $ 325 USD for the rake at auction. Dealer wants $800 USD for the drive shaft. Go figure!:D

/ Deutz-Allis KS 1.50 Rake question #13  
I HAVE A GREENDEUTZ-FAHR 1.50 & A 1.70 RAKE THEY BOTH NEED THE SMALL PINION GEAR THAT IS WELDED ON THE PTO INPUT SIDE MY SON LOVES THESE RAKES AND ICANT FIND PARTS AROUND HERE ONE DEALER DID QUOTE ME 400 US DOLLARS FOR THE SHAFT AND GEAR IF AT ALL POSSIBLE I WOULD LIKE TO FIND USED IM ALSO MECHANICALLY INCLINED I COULD CUT THE GEAR OFF SOME PEOPLE SAID THE LATER MODELS WERENT WELDED IF I COULD JUST BUY THE GEAR IM GOING TO TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE VICON RAKES I JUST FOUND THIS WEBSITE AND ALLREADY YOU GUYS GAVE MORE INFO THAN I HAD IN MONTHS ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED THANKS IN PA

/ Deutz-Allis KS 1.50 Rake question #14  
They are all over in Quebec for cheap, probably all with the same problem. I have a dead Deutz tedder with stripped out input gear. Can't even order it. Way too expensive to keep these suckers going.

I have a second deutz tedder that the castings are getting egged out so the couplers can skip. Looking to weld some additional pivots, won't be foldable after that.

/ Deutz-Allis KS 1.50 Rake question #15  
Hey guys

I know this is an old thread but I've spotted a used KS 200 rotary rake (2 basket) that looks cheap (at least compared to the Kuhn, etc. rakes I see). From reading the posts I can't really determine the outcome of parts availability. It is green & says made in Germany on the tag. Any tips, info, etc. appreciated. I'd like to get it if & ONLY if parts won't become an issue.

Thanks!

Lew

/ Deutz-Allis KS 1.50 Rake question #16  
A neighbor just acquired one of these horizontal rotary rakes, is missing parts from the driveline, he needs a parts manual or the diagram showing the parts breakdown, from the driveshaft to the gearbox. Thanks, Dave

Did you ever get a parts list

/ Deutz-Allis KS 1.50 Rake question #17  
Parts:
VF06560436 | Drive Shaft | KRAMP. ITエS THAT EASY. | Germany
Image:
120_main_drive_ks130dn_ev.jpg

/ Deutz-Allis KS 1.50 Rake question #18  
Did you ever get a parts list

Yes but thanks, I found out the rollers that rotate the rake arms must be made out of gold , was hoping there was some other place they could be purchased. there like $360.00 a piece for a roller bearing and the bracket that pins to hte arm. Of course they say made in germany. ???Didn't we win a war over there once , they must still be getting back at us!!!

/ Deutz-Allis KS 1.50 Rake question #19  
I HAVE A GREENDEUTZ-FAHR 1.50 & A 1.70 RAKE THEY BOTH NEED THE SMALL PINION GEAR THAT IS WELDED ON THE PTO INPUT SIDE MY SON LOVES THESE RAKES AND ICANT FIND PARTS AROUND HERE ONE DEALER DID QUOTE ME 400 US DOLLARS FOR THE SHAFT AND GEAR IF AT ALL POSSIBLE I WOULD LIKE TO FIND USED IM ALSO MECHANICALLY INCLINED I COULD CUT THE GEAR OFF SOME PEOPLE SAID THE LATER MODELS WERENT WELDED IF I COULD JUST BUY THE GEAR IM GOING TO TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE VICON RAKES I JUST FOUND THIS WEBSITE AND ALLREADY YOU GUYS GAVE MORE INFO THAN I HAD IN MONTHS ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED THANKS IN PA

we have the fahr ks 100 model the small pinion gear is wore away, and is also welded on the end. I would like to know if you have fixed yours and if so how did u do it? we are going to try to measure it and weld on a new one, any advice would be great thank you laurie
rie

/ Deutz-Allis KS 1.50 Rake question #20  
we have the fahr ks 100 model the small pinion gear is wore away, and is also welded on the end. I would like to know if you have fixed yours and if so how did u do it? we are going to try to measure it and weld on a new one, any advice would be great thank you laurie
rie
That part of mine has many new parts and I have not had any problems with it, the major issue with these is parts are getting too expensive. I would love to sell my to someone that wants a good working one that is looking for a extra one for parts. Kuhn is 6 miles from me and I think I will be looking for a Kuhn.
Dan