Hay wagons; let's see them!

/ Hay wagons; let's see them! #131  
Thought I would throw in my hay wagon rebuild from this summer. I picked this "Electric ...." wagon running gear for $150 with froze spindles. I ended up splitting the spindle housings with 4 1/2" angle grinder and cut-off wheel. Then cleaning up the spindle shaft , then rewelding the spindle housing . Straightened the tierod , lengthened the wagon to 16' , it is my intention to use for hayrides .

null_zps1ea2b178.jpg

null_zps1c86ac06.jpg

null_zps44cbbdb5.jpg

null_zps5d52b134.jpg

null_zpsd36cb920.jpg

null_zpsf17ac95c.jpg

null_zps4360859a.jpg

null_zpsa151b81d.jpg

Wood from a neighbors removed pool deck ... 2 x 6 treated. Main rails 2 x12 treated.
null_zpsd87d5aa2.jpg

null_zps8b855e21.jpg

null_zps904a8d33.jpg

null_zpsc07ad0c4.jpg

null_zpsd3251ee4.jpg

/ Hay wagons; let's see them! #132  
Very nice! The kids (young and old) ought to enjoy that ride.

/ Hay wagons; let's see them! #133  
Great project and great hay wagon.

/ Hay wagons; let's see them! #134  
Nice job. Did you paint the tractor too? I don't see any decals on it. Is it a WD?

/ Hay wagons; let's see them! #135  
Nice job. Did you paint the tractor too? I don't see any decals on it. Is it a WD?
Thanks, yes it's a WD . Been working on restoring it for about a year now. I painted the wagon first , then
the tractor . I still have the fenders, rear hitch and loader to paint
null_zps9b3db35e.jpg

/ Hay wagons; let's see them! #136  
Nice job on the wagon and the tractor.

/ Hay wagons; let's see them! #137  
My hay wagon is an old David Bradley sold by Sears and Roebuck... 1950's.

mark
does you wagon have spoke rims. I have a Sears wagon that has spoke rims but I can not remove hubs. The hubs have peru on them with two slots on front. any help

will be greatly appreciated

/ Hay wagons; let's see them! #138  
ACBilly---what size tires did you put on that? It has a nice low-boy look to it. Really good job.

/ Hay wagons; let's see them! #139  
I have the same Peru hubs on an old Sears running gear. The cast Peru marked hub cap just threads off. Put a drift pin against the side of the slot and tap with a hammer in order to break the hub loose. Inside is conventional tapered roller bearing arrangement with slotted nut to adjust the bearings.

I've just recently taken mine apart. I didn't find any inboard wheel seals. I wonder if they had seals? Just O-rings in the grooves on the spindle shoulder?

/ Hay wagons; let's see them! #140  
That's cool!