Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    2010 Massey Ferguson 1652

Default Re: Hay wagons; let's see them!

We have three John Deere and one New Holland hay wagons with wood bunks.
    Last edited by MF1652; 08-15-2011 at 11:42 AM.

Tractor
    1960 Case 430, 1947 Ford 8N, 1942 Ford 9N [not running], 5252 Cub Cadet to cut the lawn, John deere 140 , Sears SS12, Crafsman 5000GT, and a Gravley 816 which may be the most rugged tractor that I have ever seen.

I made this wagon about two years ago. It is made of rough sawn oak and lots of VW and Audi parts. I the frame is 2x4x.125 tubing. I don't need it, but I wanted one. I use it to pull kids around at parties. {thats my son in the back ground}-dsc02142-jpg

Tractor
    mf 1547

prolly a dumb question but here it goes are things street legal? down here you never see them. and if they are how fast can they be towed?

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1552 Cab Model

Quote Originally Posted by MF1652 View Post
    We have three John Deere and one New Holland hay wagons with wood bunks.
    Nice looking tractor!

Quote Originally Posted by joelaudi View Post
    I made this wagon about two years ago. It is made of rough sawn oak and lots of VW and Audi parts. I the frame is 2x4x.125 tubing. I don't need it, but I wanted one. I use it to pull kids around at parties. {thats my son in the back ground}-dsc02142-jpg
    Cool looking wagon. Looks perfect for hay rides!

Quote Originally Posted by donais View Post
    prolly a dumb question but here it goes are things street legal? down here you never see them. and if they are how fast can they be towed?
    No such thing as a dumb question! I can't speak for all states but in Mass we can pull these down the road. They keep talking about making us use taillights and directionals, etc. but as of yet they haven't done it. You can pull them as fast as your tractor will go which isn't all that fast. Some guys will tow them with pick-up trucks which obviously can go much faster but I never have. I wouldn't want to go over 30mph with mine....especially loaded.

Tractor
    2010 Massey Ferguson 1652

Quote Originally Posted by donais View Post
    No it's a good question. In NH they are street legal. When pulled behind a tractor, they are just consider an implement of husbandry(farming equipment) State only requires they display the triangular slow moving vehicle emblem. I don't know how fast they can go. I have only pulled them down the road behind my tractor, not much more than 20mph.

Tractor
    JD 5130

I'm new to the forum, but have searched high and low for an answer to my question. I've just picked up some rebuilt running gear and want to attach a box to it for hay rides and general farm hauling. None of the pictures/plans on the forum discuss how to attach a bed and still allow for the running gear to twist on the reach pole, as it is designed to do. Bolting longitudinal beams to the front and rear supports will stiffen the gear and prohibit the axles from articulating over rough terrain. Does anyone have an answer?

Quote Originally Posted by davehenrickson View Post
    I'm new to the forum, but have searched high and low for an answer to my question. I've just picked up some rebuilt running gear and want to attach a box to it for hay rides and general farm hauling. None of the pictures/plans on the forum discuss how to attach a bed and still allow for the running gear to twist on the reach pole, as it is designed to do. Bolting longitudinal beams to the front and rear supports will stiffen the gear and prohibit the axles from articulating over rough terrain. Does anyone have an answer?
    Use a loose loop of chain on each corner. That and a typical flat haywagon bed will flex to a certain degree.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." George Patton

Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Quote Originally Posted by davehenrickson View Post
    Bolt the LF and RR, chain down the other two is how I have seen it done.
    On ours, we built it with the idea of using it for hayrides, so we bolted all 4 corners and the frame itself has to flex.

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Tractor
    Mf 65 Allis Chalmers c rc wc wd 45 185

i have found that most comercaly manufactured running gears will tow well up to 20 miles per hour but much over 25 will tend to whip when transporting with a pickup. Kev

Tractor
    JD 6403 CHA-JD 3130 CHA

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Card View Post
    i have found that most comercaly manufactured running gears will tow well up to 20 miles per hour but much over 25 will tend to whip when transporting with a pickup. Kev
    We sell the new Kory gears and they will track the speed limit. Most of the older JD wagons will do pretty well at highway speeds. Ken Sweet
    http://www.sweetfarms.com/

Sweet Farm Equipment LLC (Internet Sales, Shipping All States)
    Shipping Facility
    1815 Defries Rd., Canmer, Ky 42722 Toll Free 1-866-528-3323
    Ken Sweet sweet@scrtc.com

Shipping Example: Can ship 800 lbs from Ky. to Dallas for $165
    The Northeast shipping corridor is a little more expensive.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast