Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    JD 2305 W/CC & R4

Default Re: Hay wagons; let's see them!

[QUOTE=Renze;2139358]
    Last time i used it, i had to brake on the tractor alone, and those dry drum brakes squeeled like an Arab warrior.... The tractor wheels didnt skid due to the 2 ton drawbar load, but when i have another wagon hooked behind it, i get over 15 ton CGVW so i do need trailer brakes... When tractor and my own trailer have brakes, the borrowed trailer behind it, will never be able to overtake me when i get into an emergency situation..

"those dry drum brakes squeeled like an Arab warrior.... "

Now THAT'S funny!!!!!

DMF
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1552 Cab Model

Quote Originally Posted by davehenrickson View Post
    Bolting longitudinal beams to the front and rear supports will stiffen the gear and prohibit the axles from articulating over rough terrain. Does anyone have an answer?
    You can try the chains like others have mentioned, but believe me the hay wagons flex....a LOT!

Silver Member
    Tractor
    1962 IH 606, JD 2440, JD 5410, MF 265, MF 271XE, 58 Case 420 Shovel dozer

Quote Originally Posted by MF1652 View Post
    No it's a good question. In NH they are street legal. When pulled behind a tractor, they are just consider an implement of husbandry(farming equipment) State only requires they display the triangular slow moving vehicle emblem. I don't know how fast they can go. I have only pulled them down the road behind my tractor, not much more than 20mph.
    Yes in NH they are considered farm equipment, but only if you use a pin hitch. If the wagon has a ball hitch than its a trailer and needs to display lights. As for road speed. I tow my racks behind my pickup to go between fields, some running gear are straight down the road at 40 and some shimmy at 20. That's unloaded, loaded speed is usually 15-30.

Tractor
    BX2200, BCS 735

Decided to get the wagon out today and snap a few shots.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hay wagons; let's see them!-wagon1.jpg   Hay wagons; let's see them!-wagon-2-.jpg   Hay wagons; let's see them!-wagon3.jpg   Hay wagons; let's see them!-wagon4.jpg   Hay wagons; let's see them!-wagon5.jpg  

Hate is like drinking poison, hoping your enemy will die. unknown author

Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    Decided to get the wagon out today and snap a few shots.
    Do you have an unloader in the bottom of that wagon?

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    — Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Tractor
    BX2200, BCS 735

Yes, it's a Loadhandler and that thing continues to amaze me, I had wood ricked in it rounded up from front to back, at the woodpile, I just unloaded one rick at a time and crank the next one back. Saved a lot of walking. Here's a link with some pictures. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/a...-you-call.html
    Hate is like drinking poison, hoping your enemy will die. unknown author

Tractor
    2005 Mahindra 4110, 48 farmall C

chain the front axle so it will not rotate, then slide the front tires where you need to go, unless your tractors "green" and dont have enough power!
    Michael A. Hall

Tractor
    john deer

hello I wanted to ask were did u get that brake mechanism for your hay wagon. I am very interested installing one on my wagon.
    thank you

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Zetor 3011, Zetor 5718

Quote Originally Posted by Renze View Post
    Update: the Miedema tandem didnt show durable enough, 2 weeks ago i hauled 15 ton of haylage home with my wagon, and a borrowed wagon behind it. After driving 20km the left front wheel came off when i just turned onto our driveway:
    This muck spreader i used the walking beam tandem of, made their own hubs with bad castings. The wheel hub splattered in four pieces, although the bearing it should retain, wasnt deformed nor hot, and was properly greased.
    Nother update: last summer i welded an 8 ton tandem under it from a scrapped Deutz-Fahr sefloading hay wagon, and cut wheel wells in the siderail to accomodate the bigger 13-16 tires.. It pulls much lighter now, both on- and offroad
    Free scrap is a good investment !!!
    “The worst enemy of life, freedom and the common decencies is total anarchy; their second worst enemy is total efficiency” · Aldous Huxley
    2007 Volvo 440 1.9 TD based dirt buggy, needs time !

Tractor
    Mahindra 2810 HST, Kioti DK35SE HST

Here's my old wagon. It would hold 200 bales of hay and the Bota pulled it easily. . . John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hay wagons; let's see them!-patti-bota-2-.jpg  
    Lord, Help me to be the man my dog thinks i am . . .John. Mahindra 2810HST, 108H loader with Quick tach buckets and forks. Kioti DK35SE HST with loader, Hyd. top link and second set of rear remotes, 60" and 66" buckets, Kubota 900 RTV and a bunch of other good stuff
    Buy more equipment, It makes life easier.!

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast