Pics of haying

/ Pics of haying #1  

ddivinia

Elite Member
Tractor
JD 5525 and 5093e Kubota SVL75
We got an early cutting of oats and rye. Here are some pics of our work. 5525 with a 467.

Enjoy,
D.

Attachments

• IMG_0425.jpg
    IMG_0425.jpg
    321.8 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_0424.jpg
    IMG_0424.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_0426.jpg
    IMG_0426.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 227
   / Pics of haying #2  
It was snowing here a couple days ago, not enough to stay, but it looked cold out.

/ Pics of haying #3  
That's sign of summer,about month before haying starts in my area....haying equipment sure has change last 40 years.

/ Pics of haying #4  
I have some early rye/fescue hay that needed to have been mowed a couple of weeks ago. It is still so wet after all the rain in the last month that there is no way to put equipment in the field. Unseasonably cool temps have the bermuda fields on hold, growth wise, going to be another "interesting" year.

/ Pics of haying #5  
I baled some hay last month just to make sure my equipment was all working. It turned out really nice. Then its rained everyday since then. Looks like this w/e might be rain free. At any rate once we get 5 or 6 dry days together I'm going to cut the rest.

/ Pics of haying #6  
Slightly off topic, not haying, but plowing. This was me driving the tractor around 1964 or so, my uncle handling the plow, in Nova Scotia. Plowing has changed some too!

Attachments

• tractor.jpg
    tractor.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 247
   / Pics of haying
It was snowing here a couple days ago, not enough to stay, but it looked cold out.

Wow - crazy. I have not been doing this hay stuff very long, but this is the earliest cutting I have ever gotten.

D.

/ Pics of haying
I have some early rye/fescue hay that needed to have been mowed a couple of weeks ago. It is still so wet after all the rain in the last month that there is no way to put equipment in the field. Unseasonably cool temps have the bermuda fields on hold, growth wise, going to be another "interesting" year.

It was somewhat wet in my pastures, but no ruts, etc. My problem as wet ant mounds plugging my disc mower. I finally got sick of clearing it and just mowed it. As soon as I get the hay out of there I will let the cows clean it up.

D.

/ Pics of haying
Slightly off topic, not haying, but plowing. This was me driving the tractor around 1964 or so, my uncle handling the plow, in Nova Scotia. Plowing has changed some too!

Wow - what a picture. How much could you do in a day with that setup? Most people around here use those as mail box holders. :)

D.

/ Pics of haying #10  
NSBound.
Pics as such sure do bring back alot of memories...whew.