baling hay

/ baling hay #1  

cjames8136

What would you voices of experience say about using mf35 for operating baler

/ baling hay #2  
They would say go to YouTube.com and search for the MF35's doing mowing, raking and baling. Its not a power issue, just that some people feel a heavier machine is more comfortable. If the baler driveline is good, the hitch point location is where its supposed to be, and the plunger knives are sharp, you will hardly notice its there. Some of the newer balers with hydraulic compression, kicker pans or bale ejectors and wider throats, need some more power. Any one of these not right, she'll rock a bit. Keep in mind that most of the older balers came with a pony motor option that was about 16hp.

If that's what you have to work with, make it so.

/ baling hay #3  
I agree with zzvyb6, you should have no problems. 1 side note, the baler will weigh almost as much as the tractor, so be careful baling down hill on damp soil/grass. Fluid in the rear tires for ballast is a good idea. Ken Sweet

/ baling hay #5  
What would you voices of experience say about using mf35 for operating baler

If you're talking about a small square baler, like my Massey Ferguson 124 which takes a recommended 35 hp (pto), then your MF35 should have no problem running this size baler. If you're considering a round baler, you may be pushing it with that MF35.

/ baling hay #6  
flusher
not trying to hyjack the thread but, can your massey ferguson 124, can the bale size be adjusted to make short bales? Want a baler that can produce the smaller bales, if it cannot, can you suggest one? I have a massey ferguson 135 tractor. Thank you
Billy

/ baling hay #7  
flusher
not trying to hyjack the thread but, can your massey ferguson 124, can the bale size be adjusted to make short bales? Want a baler that can produce the smaller bales, if it cannot, can you suggest one? I have a massey ferguson 135 tractor. Thank you
Billy

Yep, 22" to 50" length. I have it set for 45" to mate with my bale accumulator/bale squeeze.